Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, August 27, 2012

A new route


When I started blogging, I started a couple of blogs because I didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket. I've found over the years, though that it can get very tiring trying to keep up with all.

With the overflow of photographers over the year, I've decided that I really need to go back to building my blogging business to where it was because I fear that the competition will be too stressful among photographers. Not that blogging is any better, but I love it more!

So, I decided that I would blend a couple together that would still work with same audience and easier to build my business.

I've also been banging my head against the wall trying to decide whether to go to Wordpress. I think that I'm partially scared that it will take forever to learn and I don't really have the time to relearn a new blogging platform.
There are things that Blogger does that drive me crazy (hate the new interface, how the pictures load, etc.) and that I could lose all my work if they decide so. But, I really think it would be a good move career wise for the future of my blogs.

Anyway, my plan is to move my work at home and blog building topics to this blog. I think that it will be a nice blend for my audience and easier to work on one blog for all three.

I will still keep my photography community blog separate, so if you want to learn about photography, you will have to go there.

I hope you still stay with me on my blogging journey and if you are a follower, you switch over when/if I switch to Wordpress. : )

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! You have a lot going on over here! Thanks for visiting my training log/running blog. I think I could spend forever over here on yours checking everything out!

Veronica Lee said...

Yep, I think it' a great idea to merge all the blogs into one too, that way, your blog is updated regularly which will certainly help in getting more traffic and better page rankings ( I think!)

Happy Wednesday, Tess!

D Martinez said...

Thank you for following me. I have also wanted to move to word press for another blog, but I agree that learning another platform might take forever to learn, I know I don't even have blogger platform down yet. lol

Sharon said...

I want to do that as well!