Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, April 15, 2011

There is hope.

Awhile back, I talked about my son turning into a teenage alien. He barely talked to me and I didn't have a clue to what was going on in his life. Well, we've made some process and I think he's finally starting to find himself. At least I hope. You see, my son has never really wanted to join any sports or any kind of group. He liked his video games and that's what kept him happy. I guess I was to blame to make it easy for him to get lost in this "babysitting" convenience-it kept him out of my hair and busy. So, once he hit the teen years, he decided he wanted to be more sociable. Good news, but teens have it hard as it is. I think he was overwhelmed by it all. AND he's discovered girls. lol. He found this church group that do lots of activities and he gets a chance to get out and go do things he never really wanted or had the chance to before. He still acts like a typical teen, but not as bad, and even tells me more things about his life. This makes me a lot happier and not so distant from him. Woo hoo! Now, we just need to work on his school work-something I just found out about-he's missing a lot of assignments. But, at least I have leverage now- no turning assignments in, no social life!

1 comments:

secret agent woman said...

Glad to hear things are better with your son. If he's like most teens, it will be an up and down path!