Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, June 17, 2011

The hot days of wearing socks

I don't know about you, but I have been having a hard time finding the right girls sandals for Emily. I admit, I've just been trying the cheap stores, but everyone seems to just want to sell the flip flops. Unfortunately, Emily H. A. T. E. S. this type of sandal. I've probably spent $50 on those darn shoes because if she thinks they are cute, she thinks she might suddenly like wearing them.

Nope.



So, the poor girl is stuck wearing tennis shoes all the time. This wouldn’t be a problem, but she’s been wanting to wear her good dresses lately, and well, she looks like a hillbilly-not that there is anything wrong with that. We thought we found some sandals the other day, but they ended up hurting the side of her toes after walking on them for a bit and we had to go back home and get other shoes.



I'm hoping to find an online site that takes you through the steps of getting the right shoe that gives the right fit.



Startriteshoes.com does just that. This site even has videos on how to properly fit your child's shoes and articles on caring for your children's feet and the different stages of walking and the proper shoes.



I think that Emily would like this style of sandals because it doesn't require her to have anything between her toes.

She takes after her mama in that department.



We have pictures coming up here shortly, so it will be nice to not have her look like a tennis-shoe-with-a-dress-wearing-hillbilly.


NOT that there's anything wrong with that... :)

0 comments: