Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A gift for the hell of it.

Yesterday, my oldest and my husband went to the apartment complex that she wants to move into because they had an open house while I stayed home with the two younger ones.
They had called me to ask what Hannah Montana cd that Emily wanted (yes, she's three and has the cd collection of a twelve year old) so my husband could pick one up on the way home and surprise her. I was like, ok, cool. I can get some stuff done while she sings to her new cd for hours in her room.
When they got home, he put the bag in front of her and she was all smile from ear to ear and squealed after realizing what was in the bag. She ran off to do the Hannah Montana shuffle and I was about to thank the hubby for getting that for her when he put his other hand out and gave me a shiny silver bag. I looked in it to see a wrapped jewelry box.
"Oh boy," I said, gleaming. "What is this?"
"Open it," answered my husband.
I opened it to find a silver journey necklace with diamonds. Wow, my husband hasn't bought me something like this for a long time.
I gave him a tight hug and a kiss and told him someone's gonna get lucky. I smiled and looked at my new piece of jewelry and then I quickly frowned and looked at him.
"What?" he asked puzzled.
I cocked my head to the side and crossed my arms over my chest.
"What did you do?"

0 comments: