Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Am I a glutton for punishment?

We've decided to go back to Coralville Mall again this weekend for one last mini trip. I know. Those shoppers were tyrants and I had to soak my heels for a week. But, I like that mall and I'm not going to let something like a bunch of tailgating shoppers bully me, by golly!

I'm really looking forward to it and so are the kids. Emily already has her shopping list ready- big bag of cotton candy to bring back for Daddy, a Barbie, and two thousand rides on the carousel. Jordon did not go with us last time, so I'm sure we'll have to find every video store. Jessica will just ask for money and then probably not spend it. I'll probably just come home with nothing and my hubby will ask, why do you go on a shopping trip and not buy anything? I will answer with, just the thrill of going somewhere is enough for me. Then he will feel guilty and take me out to dinner.

I also get to watch little Zman this weekend because Jessica is going to Chicago on Saturday with a friend. I must be getting better about her leaving town because my first thought was about wondering how I will baby proof my living room for the day instead of my usual OH-MY-GOSH-YOU-CAN'T-LEAVE-TOWN-BECAUSE-I-WILL-WORRY-SO-MUCH-I-WILL-DIE!!

So hopefully, the baby won't wear me out too much on Saturday that I am tired for our Sunday trip because I'll need all my strength to run away from those mean shoppers.

6 comments:

The Four Week Vegan said...

Spoken like a true grandma - grandbabies tend to distract you :) Good luck on your shopping trip!

Lee said...

I love shopping...as long as it doesn't involve going into a store, unless it is Target!!

Cinder Rail'lee said...

being a compulsive shopper and buying everything I DON'T need.. I finally got a hold on myself and STOPPED going to the mall. LOL.

I can't wait for the day when Ic an watch my grand baby!

Creative Junkie said...

Enjoy your shopping trip! I'd so love to go on one myself and use someone else's credit cards to fund it.

eight helping hands said...

Couldn't even begin to tell you where Coralville is and I'm from Iowa!!!!
Have fun shopping.

sheila said...

Hey, I wanted to say congrats on the art exhibit thing from your design blog! Nice!