Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Stuffed Turkey Dog

Do you remember these two gals?

They were supposed to leave the nest with their mama when she got her own place. We came so close. She had an apartment that she was going to rent that allowed dogs. Then, she didn't. Then she did. Then, she didn't. I was getting dizzy sending them out the door and bringing them back in.

Well, turns out that the one she ended up having to get doesn't even allow gold fish, let alone dogs-seriously. I would NOT nominate that landlord for pet lover of the year.


So, here we go again. The "kids" are back and apparently staying for awhile. It was either that, or her putting an ad in the paper and the rest of the family hating me forever.

Why are moms put in such positions?

I've decided that I'm ok with it on one condition; Bella gets a professional bath and we hang an air freshener around her neck. I did find out that Petco is having a special orange-cranberry spa with a free "fall" charm for their collar. Do I want my dog to smell like a Thanksgiving dish?

Hmm-this might work.

9 comments:

The Four Week Vegan said...

Oh you are the nicest mom ever. I know I would not be so kind.

Molly said...

Oh but they are so sweet...I don't even like small dogs but look at the face of that precious tacobell ;)

When I was in college, I had a dog and then I came home for the summer...and then I got an apartment (the landlord was my dad so pets weren't an issue) they wouldn't let me take my own dog...THEY loved her, they kept her until she died.

so be careful with those furballs ;)

Lee said...

My mom would not take my two dogs...evah.....You are awesome!!

eight helping hands said...

You are a great mom! And why not have a Thanksgiving smelling dog? Then when it's Christmas time you can hang a pine scented one on him OR a cinnamon one!
hehe

Buckeroomama said...

Your girl will be forever grateful! How could you resist anyway? :)

Kitty Moore said...

They are adorable!

Independentmami said...

They are so cute. My brother and sister in law just had to give up their dog. They gave her to my mother in law. She is in good hands. They did not have time for her. She will be loved and cared for. They could not keep her in their apartments either.

Creative Junkie said...

Reason #578 we don't own a pet. I fear they will never leave our house.

And yep, I'd rather they smell like dinner than like a dog.

Veronica Lee said...

What a great mom you make. They are adorable!!