Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Time for some birthday parties-again.

You are probably wondering what the heck is going on with me. I mean, I actually posted several days in a row.You may be wondering, Are you ok? What happened?

I'm actually fine, thank you. Well, other than not winning that damn photo book contest. (I will forgive you some day, PW) I found this new burst of energy and I went with it. I think I may even think of some new ideas to spruce up my little blog.

In the mean time, I have yet another task to accomplish-no, I'm not starting ANOTHER business or book (ok, that one's a lie) or trying to become the next President-nothing like that. It's that time of the year when Emily becomes a year older, which means that I have to plan three parties. Why? If you remember from last year, she shares the same birthday as my mom and well, because it's Emily.

Though her birthday isn't until November 17th, our first party will be tonight. This one is for the grandparents and a few aunts and uncles. We will then have the other two on her birthday, one for her friends and one for her and my mom.

She's been running around all week, excited about the party tonight and telling everyone that TODAY is going to be her birthday. I of course, have to correct her and tell her that next week is her birthday and have resorted to threaten to take her other two parties away since, well, TODAY is her birthday.

Yesterday, she asked if I would sing 'Happy Birthday' to her this morning. I told her I would sing 'Happy Friday the 13th' instead.

So, I've been baking cupcakes (not very well, if I may say) finding just the right Strawberry Shortcake decorations, and cleaning house. I didn't even ask for help from anyone else because that would be a total waste of my time and I'd probably drop dead from a heart attack if anyone actually did help.

11 comments:

The Four Week Vegan said...

Happy almost birthday to her! 3 parties, I pity her future husband, you are setting the bar really high.

yonca said...

She is a cutie pie. Happy birthday to Emily! Have a great time at the party!

Together We Save said...

Such a cutie pie!!

Grizzly Bear said...

She is beautiful! Happy birthday to your little girl!

have a fantastic time!

Grissell
www.stay-at-homemomwhoknew.blogspot.com

Liz Mays said...

I'll bet the party was just fabulous. Happy Birthday, Emily!!!

Annette Piper said...

Emily is just adorable! Yikes lots of parties in your house this week :)

Veronica Lee said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Emily!

Have a great weekend, Tess!!

Buckeroomama said...

Happy birthday, Emily! Lucky little girl to have 3 birthday parties. :)

sheila said...

Wow, she's really a beautiful girl! Happy Birthday!

Maggie May said...

she's so very sweet! reminds me of my Lola :)

Creative Junkie said...

Happy birthday to her!! :)