Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Grandmahood

It's Monday and I actually survived a weekend with the grand baby and his mom going out of town.
He was such a good baby and Mommy got a call from me about every half an hour while they were there. (sorry Jess, but that's the only way I can breathe) Anyway, like I said, Zach was good and we had lots of fun together and I think he just might like his grandma.
We laughed.

We cried.


Everything went well until we got to Sunday morning and then we wanted to be up at 6am. Ouch!
Good thing Mama was coming at 10am. Baby and Mama left to get some rest and I put the house back together afterwards.
That night, the house did not echo of a baby crying, but only of Emily telling me what she wanted for her birthday next week while she colored in her new coloring book next to me on my bed. I watched Desperate Housewives and nodded occasionally towards her direction.
Every once in awhile, I caught myself jumping up out of my new formed habit of checking on a baby that was no longer there and realized that I missed the little booger. But then around nine, I realized that having a whole night's sleep that night was pure heaven.
I decided that I'll just have to live by the Grandma rule;
The best thing about being a grandma is spoiling your grandchildren and then sending them home-and getting sleep afterwards!

10 comments:

Creative Junkie said...

Awwwwww - adorable photos!

I keep telling my kids that I look so forward to becoming a grandmother, provided they don't make that happen for at least another 10-15 years.

But since when do our kids do what we ask?

Helene said...

I love those pics....so cute! How very sweet of you to keep him overnight for your daughter! I can't remember the last time either set of grandparents took my kids overnight!! Guess they like their sleep a little too much!

Dana said...

such a cutie!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pics! :)
I can't wait to become a gramma....but not yet though! My son is 2 years away from the age I was when I had him!

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

You don't look like a Grandma, but you love like one.

Unknown said...

Ahhh so cute. You might be the prettiest and nicest grandma..

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Awww he is sweet! I sometimes miss having babies around the house. But I like sleep a lot too.

Mrsbear said...

He is beautiful. You've got a good gig, you get to give him back for some interrupted tv time and a good nights sleep. ;-)

Janine said...

Can I be promoted to granny please? I like the idea of giving them back and getting some sleep.
Janine
http://metime.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

I would never have guessed you were a Grandma! He is just precious.