Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Emily


Dear Emily,
Monday, November 17th
Today you officially turn four-Happy Birthday to you!

I just wanted to let you know how much we love you and how we are so glad you came into our lives. I can't believe four years have gone by since the day you were born and even though I had not planned to have a third child, I couldn't picture life without you.


This year has flown by with so much that has happened.

You've decided to want to learn how to write, do ABC's and color-things you haven't wanted anything to do with but just like everything else in your life, like deciding to walk, or going potty in the toilet, when you decide to do it, then boom, you're off! You even decided to learn how to write MOM before you learned how to write EMILY just to throw me off.


Though you know nothing about this yet, your mom started this blog this year to record you and your sibling's lives and occasionally embarrass all of you.



You survived your first dentist nightmare this year and even lost a bad tooth too. Even though they said you were their best patient and they will miss you, you specifically told each one of them that you never were coming back so get over it.


You also became an aunt this year and while we thought you would surely sell Zachary to the gypsies for a barbie, you surprised us all and love him with all your heart.


You tried out for Children of the Corn at your mom's request and even though you didn't get the part, I'm so proud of you.



You started dance class this year and you love it and still wish that everyday was Dance Class Day.


You witnessed a historical election and I think even more historical events to come-hopefully good.

You got to have four parties this year and you squealed so loudly when you opened your second Bratz doll that I feared my camera lens would shatter.

Finally, while I watched you pose so graciously for the camera, a smile spread across my face as I was reminded of how special you are and how much I love you and how I look forward to another wonderful year with you.


Love, your mama.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

She's a doll! It's late but Happy Birthday anyway Emily. Stay beautiful!

Helene said...

Tess, that's a beautiful letter to your daughter! She's absolutely stunning! I can see why you're so proud of her...she's accomplished so much this last year!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful angel!!! Happy Birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tess!

You fixed it! It was nice hearing from you about the comment club. I will look into it this morning. Thanks for all your support. I DID tell Cathy Hawkins that I was sent by you.

Anonymous said...

Hoppy Birthday Emily. She is so cute. Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww - happy birthday to your little one! She is absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet letter Tess..

Happy Birthday Emily!! You and your mom are lucky to have one another!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful. I should start doing this, recording the lives of my babies in this creative way.

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing your letter with us!

Mrsbear said...

She's just adorable. It's been quite a year for her. For both of you. ;-)

Anonymous said...

A belated Happy Birthday to a beautiful and sweet girl named Emily who is very loved! What a blessing you have. Thank you for sharing her photos with us.

Anonymous said...

She's absolutely beautiful Tess! Beautiful!

Kate said...

Ahh, she's a cutie. So sorry to hear about the dentist experience! LOL We haven't had to do that one yet.