Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanks for giving, again

I still can't believe that it's Thanksgiving this week.
It always seems to end up that I get to do the dinner at my house. Last year (or the year before, I can't remember because it's all a blur), I was so excited because my older sister was going to be moving here and getting a big house so she really wanted to hold it at her house. When she asked me, I said "yes" before she even had gotten the whole sentence out. But, things fell through and they didn't end up being able to do the big move after all and I had it at my house-again. Don't get me wrong, I'm not forced to slave over a hot stove and put together a zillion dishes but if I don't, we would end up just going out to eat and well, that's just not Thanksgiving.
So, here I am again, getting ready for another feast at my house. I haven't bought the turkey yet which is not uncommon for me- I like to wait until the last minute so I can complain when all the good ones are gone. Just an odd quirk of mine. I'll probably go tonight or maybe tomorrow so I can truly get into the holiday spirit.
I also attempted to rake up our leaf covered yard this weekend so it will look nice for Thursday which resulted in a painful back today. It feels like I strapped forty pounds of sand on my back and jogged two miles. I just keep forgetting that my two older kids can get their butts out there and help mom. I'm just used to the old saying of, if you want it done right, do it yourself...
I'm sure I'll probably be hosting the traditional turkey dinner until my first born can take over when she has a big enough home to do so. To make sure this comes to fact, I am starting now to save for her down payment on a house, a set of furniture, a lifetime subscription to Martha Stewart's Magazine and a crap load of turkey pans.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I'm dreading the day my house becomes "the place" for holidays!! I'm hoping it NEVER comes to that!! lol

Helene said...

Even though it's a lot of work for you, I'll bet your family members totally look forward to a holiday meal at your house!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! (and that you find the perfect turkey!!)

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

I hope all goes well and Happy Thanksgiving! You must be a great hostess.