Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Do not eat yellow snow

Ok, the snow is now here to stay. I'm ready to admit it and go on with my life.

I've been spending the whole week hybernating inside my house, wearing my Minnetonka boots and my heaviest sweaters. When it gets like this, I like to bake bread, rent movies and try to ignore that cold white stuff outside.

This weekend, I did end up going outside for a bit to get some snow shots. Don't you love icicles? I love them too-unless I'm trying to take a photo of them on a sunny day. My camera doesn't like them. She (yes, my cameras are girl cameras) kept saying, "No!" while I kept saying, "Yes! Yes, you can do this-just focus!" (ha, ha-get it? Just focus? I kill myself.)

I ended up getting this shot before my son came outside and slammed the door shut, and in the process, knocked all the icicles off the awning.

At least one good thing about all the snow is that we can now finally find our black chihuahua when she goes outside to do her thing-and know where she did it at.

13 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Ewwwww...yellow snow!!! I hope nobody still eats snow at your house. ;)

Buckeroomama said...

Ewww! I bet my city slicker kids who have never seen snow wouldn't know any better... :)

Lee said...

LMAO! Don't do a snow angel there etiher!!

Amy Henderson said...

hehe, cute
Great photos!

Sarah at The Stroller Ballet said...

Your doggie is so cute! Those are beautiful pictures, as well. I, personally, love the snow!

Nic said...

Hi Tess,

I came across your blog via the Follow Me group on MBC. Your book looks interesting! Now following...Nic

Creative Junkie said...

Yep - yellow snow kind of takes the whole ethereal beauty out of the whole thing, doesn't it?

sheila said...

lol, yes, a black dog in the winter is certainly a good thing! lol.

Menopausal New Mom said...

That is a beautiful photo of the icicle and that dog is pretty cute too!

Anita said...

Hi, Thanks for visiting my blog!

We just got a dog 18 months ago, and I'm learning a lot - like what yellow snow is...and yellow carpet too. :)

The Four Week Vegan said...

I love icicles when they are at someone else's house. Love the winter shots - they just make me appreciate our mild winters here in So Cal sooooo much.

Sue said...

For a second, I thought your blog was about the TV show Six Feet Under and almost cried from happiness. I'm sure it's still just as good, but I REALLY love that TV show.

Annette Piper said...

Wow, that looks so lovely and COOL. Its well over the 100 F here in my little corner of Australia and not pleasant. Trade you some snow for some sunshine!!!