Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Words with a Blogger Wednesday

Words with a Blogger Wednesday

This week's blogger is


Julie from




When did you start blogging and what made you decide to blog?

I started my family blog in October of 2005. We have family in other states and it was a way to update them with pictures, etc. of our son. He was 5 months old at the time.I started Angry Julie Monday in June of 2007. Before that, I was veryactive on parenting forums and birth boards. I got tired of postingsomething and getting no responses. I started my personal blog topost whatever I wanted, and people could just comment.

Do you make money from your blog?

I have ad networks on my blog. I make a tiny amount, think monthlypedicures and money to pay my hosting fees.

What do you do to network/promote your blog to bring in readers?

I promote my blog through Twitter, my Facebook Fan Page, SITS (Secretin the Sauce), The BlogFrog, and through commenting on other blogs andparticipating in memes and blog carnivals.

How do you balance blogging and family?

I don't. LOL. Seriously, I find it very hard to balance. I considerblogging to be a hobby. I'm like anyone else with a hobby. I'm verydedicated and can get way too involved in it.

How frequently do you post?

I post approximately 5-6 times a week.

What do you recommend to blog about?

I think tutorials of any kind are always good blog material. A recipe,craft, how-to, are my most popular blog posts.

Has blogging changed your life in any way?

Absolutely. I've had a ton of opportunities come across my way with my blog that I would never have. I've gone on two trips that were brand sponsored, because of my blog.

What is your blogging style?

I'm a personal blogger. I blog like I speak.What do you do when you get writer's block?I go through my pictures. I usually blog from my pictures or things going on in my life that week.

Do you have any advice for newbie bloggers?

Don't name your blog with something "mommy or mom". There are a ton of them out there and the name will be hard to remember. Decide what you want to "put out there about your life".
Once you write something, it is there in Google, and it is hard to take it back. And don't compare yourself to other bloggers, because there is always someone better and more popular than you.

4 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

I agree. Just blog like you speak. You won't please everyone.

Aim said...

good advice!

Creative Junkie said...

loved this one! She's got some great advice, especially what she suggested about naming a blog. I never realized how many blogs have the word "mom" in them!

Bob Coleman said...

Love your blog and your natural approach to blogging. You mentioned that make money blogging with ad networks. Which ones are working best for you? I just read a review of a new blogging system that might work for you blogging espionage? It's about making money from blogs passively.