Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

The 411 on MS

Multiple Sclerosis is a chronic disease of the central nervous system. Maybe you know someone who suffers from Multiple Sclerosis? Finding a cure might be something that happens in the future, but right now, there is no cure.

What are Ms Symptoms ?
The symptoms are surprisingly mild. Tingling sensations, mild numbness, feeling weak or occasional urge to urinate. Your doctor may not even think to do a test for MS. Pretty scary to know that something that simple could mean that your central brain system could have been attacked by this horrible disease.

Did you know that there is a Multiple Sclerosis diet that one can follow to maintain a healthy life. It's pretty simple, just include vegetables, grains, fruits, low-fat diary foods and legumes, with minimal amounts of fish, lean meats and skinless poultry.

If you are curious about learning more about Multiple Sclerosis, you can visit allaboutms.com. This site has information on what to eat, pregnancy and MS, family life and a whole lot more informational articles on this disease.

2 comments:

GottaLoveMom said...

I have a dear friend who was diagnosed with MS 9 years ago. I am glad to say that he's doing fine after years and years of pain. He said that diet has made a big (huge!!!) difference.
Last December, he couldn't even walk without holding on to something or cane, but now the cane is gone!
He reads (Healing MS by Ann Boroch).

Anonymous said...

MS has touched my family by so many people, and none of the sufferers are related to each other. People I know from dog club and high school and college. There does not seem to be a common factor (other than knowing me)