Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor weekend

I think my Labor Day weekend was literally a labor weekend. Friday, I was told at the last minute that we were going to meet some of my husband's friends for a late dinner.

Hello? Wedding to shoot next day and I have a massive stress headache? Fortunately, my husband likes to ignore me and went ahead and let them know that we'd be there.


The next day, I dragged myself to the wedding and right away my day was going to be heck. The videographer (who turned out to be an awesome gal) and I were handed a photo list that we were told must be followed to the tee or they would hang us from our toes and stick porcupine needles up our noses. No pressure there-we only missed two on the list. She shouldn't be too mad.

Wait. Who is that knocking on my front door?

Just kidding.

This couple was sweet-even with the list.

I survived the wedding only to have to wake up mega early on Sunday to clean the house and prepare for the grandbaby's birthday party. I made fifty cupcakes, iced them in Spongebob colors, and blew up lots of balloons.

Please don't laugh at my terrible frosting job-the icing really sucked.

After the party, I was told by the hubby that we had to go to a cookout out of town.

Really? I'm not twenty anymore, buddy.

The cookout wasn't so bad. I didn't have to take pictures. I didn't have to blow up balloons. Not even one cupcake to frost. But, I did take credit for the fruit pizza we bought from the store.

Oh yeah.

That's right.

I did that.

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

thos cupcakes are so cute...hope he had a great bday!

Getrealmommy said...

Actually I am pretty impressed with the cupcakes. My kids would have loved them!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Phew!! I am tired just reading that. Photographers around here are complete divas and if they don't get THEIR way they freak out. I was just talking to a gal who was married two weeks ago and when they didn't agree to one of his picture suggestions he took out his piece of paper and proceeded to put a big red X through that one. Can you even imagine, and they paid him $1500 for four hours not including any pictures~!

secret agent woman said...

I like the Spongebob cupcakes. And good for you for taking a fruit pizza!

Buckeroomama said...

Oh my, what a weekend! Well, hopefully you'll have a more relaxing one this weekend.

Those cupcakes look yummy, blue and yellow frosting and all. :)