Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Better late then never

My oldest has been changing what she wants to do with her life. We've gone through several majors for college with her, with the latest wanting to go into the medical field. Thank goodness she qualifies for grants, because it could get pretty expensive.

So, what about students whose family can't afford college? Maybe a scholarship is the route. I found a site that is full of useful information on finding scholarships, financial aid and even grants.

Schoolscholarships.org can help you find about all that and has an area on black scholarships and engineering scholarships.

My son is already fourteen and knows what he wants to be when he grows up. I know that he'll have to try to get a scholarship to go to school. Having a place to help us find out what we need to know is nice to have-especially when it doesn't cost us anything!

1 comments:

secret agent woman said...

My son was dead set on Microbiology for years and finally admitted this year (his last year of high school) that he doesn't want to do that. Now he's planning to go to an audio engineering program instead. We'll see if the same sort of thing happens with my younger son.