Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, November 1, 2010

TGIM-Thats right, MONDAY!

I've never been more happy to see a Monday as I was today. After a long Saturday, and walking 5000 miles on Sunday, I literally fell in bed last night.

As usual, my work was cut out for me shooting a wedding on Saturday. Don't ever let anyone tell you that a wedding photographer charges too much. Ever. Or, point me in their direction and I'll kick their butt-when I'm not so tired.

I always get lucky by having a nice couple, but when you are "in charge" of a whole lot of people, it gets pretty hectic. I also had to deal with the pastor that had her "rules" for photographers. Something I wasn't prepared for. Every time I asked her a question, she would start her reply with, "Well, all the other photographers do this... "

I was to the point of smacking her in the back of the head if she said it one more time. Sorry lady, I guess I missed that photographer boat.

Oh, did I mention that the hubby was forced to take Emily trick-or-treating while I was at the wedding? I was just as nervous about that as well. I had shown him that morning how to do her makeup, though it was probably a lost cause.

He didn't do too bad with getting her ready, except he put the wrong shirt on under her princess costume and the blush was a bit too heavy. I was taking her on Sunday to the neighboring town, so I didn't care too much.



Zach was a dinosaur and I didn't get to see him in person with it on, but his mom sent a cute photo of him.


Anyway, I got through the wedding and made it home-though I WAS an hour and a half later then scheduled.


Here is the awesome couple, btw...


We had to shoot these after 6 pm, and at this time of the year, it starts to get dark around then. Thank God for prime lens!

The next day I got a break, because the family shoot I had scheduled for that morning got rescheduled by the family. I slept in to prepare myself for trick-or-treating that evening. Emily and I ended up going by ourselves and we got through the whole neighborhood in record time! I didn't even get lost, which I am notorious for (thank goodness for GPS on my phone).


Now, on to my next task- I think I heard the pitter patter of little mouse feet in the bedroom last night.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ack. not mice..they look cute in their costumes...and the wedding pics are nice too!

secret agent woman said...

Aww, very cute.

Annette Piper said...

I know what you mean about being busy - sometimes its just so full on I want to just run away from it all!