Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Emily

Dear Emily,
I can't believe that another year has passed again! You are now six and such a big girl. Starting kindergarten this year has been such a big leap for both of us. I've had to learn to let go, and you had to learn how to survive without me.

You've grown up so much over the year and even though we didn't win any card contests this year, and no tv appearances, it's been a fun year anyway.

You also got to have your first kid party this year-and after that crazy night with 8 screaming little girls, probably your last. :)

I'm just kidding. You had fun at your birthday, though maybe too much fun, because you woke up during the night and threw up 8 times.

A helpful tip for next year - please don't get up at 6:30 am the day of your birthday party because you are so excited.

As I watched you play with your new little friends, I don't worry about you being liked at school- a big fear of mine since you can be a wee bit bossy. I will still worry though, about your story telling habit and what your teacher will tell me next, like the day that you told her that I had a baby over the weekend.

You've changed your likes and dislikes over the year. I just love the fact that you love art like I did when I was your age, though your dad disagrees that being an artist is a good choice. He is just worried you'll be a "starving artist" and be living at home until you are 30.

I have to disagree, and look forward to see how your talent develops. Of course, you also want to learn how to play the guitar and be the next Taylor Swift. You already look like her, so who knows!

In the meantime, have fun being who you are and enjoy your day. Oh yeah, and stay away from those little boys in your class that keep tickling you and following you around in the morning while we wait for school to start! Argh!

Happy Birthday!

Love,

Mom

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

i hope she has a wonderful birthday!

Veronica Lee said...

Happy Birthday to Emily! Beautiful pics as always, Tess!

sara said...

Aw, Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl! My kids are ALWAYS up at the crack of dawn on their birthdays! Sorry to hear about the throwing up! Too much cake and partying? Hope she has a wonderful day!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Here's sendin' that precious little princess a big old Ozark's........
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!
Maybe she'll become a famous talent and support ya in your old age!

Heeehehehe! Girl she is just an adorable sweetheart and the cake is just awesome!

Ya'll have a beautifully blessed weekend now, ya hear!!! :o)

Annette Piper said...

Happy (belated) birthday wishes Emily! (That cake looks GREAT!)