Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

A Thanksgiving to remember...

We had a loss in our family, but a forgiveness between two siblings. I have to be grateful for that.

Now, on to some other news...

We spend yesterday trying to make our tree work. I lost a part of the stand last year, so I spend an hour putting it in a regular tree stand (yeah I know, like THAT was going to work). So, I finally gave up and drove to Menards and bought a new tree. Which, ended up being huge!


Doesn't look like it in the picture, but it totally takes over room. 

Then, I find out that JCP isn't giving out the globes this year. Now, I have no reason to go out on Black Friday...


Just kidding. I heard there are a lot of people upset about this. They even have a petition out to bring them back. It was a tradition in our house to get up early and get one for our collection. We even stayed and bought from JCP afterwards. I think they made another marketing mistake.

I'm also not thrilled about the whole Black Friday starting on Thanksgiving. It's not Black Friday anymore, people. It's Black Thanksgiving.

Creepy...

So, I need to go now so I can run and get a paper and then put the turkey in the oven so I can watch the parade.

Eat lots and then burn it off tomorrow as you fight for that great deal on that blue sweater you want to get Uncle Fred.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

yeah i might picket at walmart today in honor of those whose thanksgiving has been stolen by greed...hehe...smiles...hope you have a great thanksgiving

Jeanne said...

Don't you hate when improvising doesn't work! Hopefully JCP will bring back the snow globes. LOL @ the blue sweater for Uncle Fred! p.s. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you. Pretty tree!