Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

A disgruntled five year old


Emily: "Mom, can I wear my new tennis shoes outside to play?"

Me: "No, I don't want you to get them dirty in the mud."

Emily: "Then why did we even get them if I can't wear them?!"

Me: "Good point."

---------------------------------

Emily: "Mom, why do you have a picture of my nephew on your phone and not me?"

Me: "Because I like to put photos of him on there sometimes too."

Emily: "Because you love HIM more then you love ME!"

Me: (sigh)

-----------------------------------

Emily: "Mom, I want to wear my flower dress."

Me: "That dress is too small for you to wear anymore."

Emily: "What is this world coming too?"

Me: "Huh?"

-------------------------------------

Emily: "Mom, can I bring my drink in your car?"

Me: "No."

Emily: "But, you bring your coffee in there."

Me: "I'm a big person and big people don't spill."

Emily: "Well, when I'm big, I'm bringing coffee in my car and you can't because you will be a kid!"

Me: "I wish that was how it worked."
----------------------------------

Article of the day:
Having problems getting your child to read?
Getting your child excited about reading.

6 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

And they're usually so earnest and so serious when they say those things that it makes them doubly cute!! :)

Brian Miller said...

teehee...yeah have these conversations often...

Aim said...

she is something else! wait until she's fifteen and wants to argue with you...she might even win.

Unknown said...

She is too much.

Creative Junkie said...

I miss these kinds of conversations. They're so much better than "hey, can you drive me to the mall tonight? Just think ... pretty soon, I can drive myself!"

Annette Piper said...

5 y.o.'s are a HUGE challenge...