Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another thought about promoting my business

I talked awhile back about wishing that I had promotional pens when I did the bridal show. I didn't think about it again until I had a wedding couple over the other night. We were signing contracts and I handed them the only pen I could find, which ended up having pink ink-Argh!

If I had a personalized pen handy, it would have looked better for me and I would just let them keep it if they wanted or accidentally walked off with it. It's so important how you come across to your clients and how organized you are leaves a lasting impression.

I think that if I had matching envelopes to put the contracts in, like using Amsterdam Printing envelopes I would look more professional. Then, I could just throw them all in the vendor bag that I give them.

Sometimes, I think promotion can be a fun part of a business and the client loves to get free things as well!

4 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Yep,this is so true. It gets your name out there and the person usin' the 'freebie' sees it each and every time they use it.

God bless ya and have a great day!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Those are great idea, and everybody loves walking away with a free pen. Matching envelopes is a nice touch too. When I am hiring someone, the extra touches really catch my attention - especially when I was planning my wedding.
~Heather @ www.dorilukedesigns.com
My last post: The calmed closet reveal

secret agent woman said...

Maybe you could have the pends out in a cup with a sign that says "Take one!"

Nan @ Playful Decor said...

Order those pens!! In a former biz, I would take pens to the grocery store (or almost anywhere) and leave them at the checkout or in someone's office...wherever I was I left a few! Thanks for following my blog. I look forward to following you and your biz as I gear up my biz & inventing ideas.