Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

The hubby surprised me with an Open Heart necklace by Jane Seymour-totally beautiful. We weren't supposed to get each other anything because we were supposed to count our night out on Friday as our Valentine's Day. That little sneak! Oh well, isn't that what husbands are supposed to do?

Anyway, we celebrated it on Friday by going to a murder mystery dinner and I TOTALLY LOVED IT.

Have you ever been to one? They rock! I never laughed so much. It was put on by a brilliant man who wrote it and even played a character. The mystery was called Five Card Murder by Scott Naumann.

Here is the press release about it:

During Its A Mystery's uproarious production of Five Card Murder guests take on the role of "detective" beginning with cocktail hour mingling with suspects, the unveiling of alibi's and a gourmet dinner. With the cold filling the air, the wind beginning to blow, the stakes are high! The game is set, the cards are dealt, but...someone just might not live to play their hand! Guests will even visit the crime scene and take a walk to uncover other telltale secrets!

The Skellington Manor is an awesome place and the owners and people that run it are super awesome. The setup was nicely done with linen covered tables and chairs.
(Sorry about the quality of photos, they were taken by my phone. )

The characters involve the audience and stay in character the whole night. We got picked on by some of them, including Ruby Redd.


She was the busty lady in red.

The detective was hilarious during the show.


This is Ma Banks-she let a lot of "wind" during the show and pinned a few on some of the audience.

If you have a murder mystery dinner in your area, you should check it. I can't guarantee that it will be as good as this show, but it's worth trying it out!
(I was not asked to do a review of this show-this is just about my experience here.)

13 comments:

Sally said...

I love these shows!

Erin said...

This sounds like it would be fun.

Brian Miller said...

oh these are so fun...i used to put one on every year....happy vday!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a lovely surprise and yes that is what a husband should do!
I have never been to a murder mystery dinner, sounds like you had a wonderful time. Happy Valentine's Day. Thank you for stopping over and visiting with me.

Anonymous said...

Those Open Heart necklaces are beautiful. I have no idea if we have murder mystery in our area, going to check it out. Happy Valentine's Day!

Getrealmommy said...

Sounds like a lovely Valentine's Day! :)

sheila said...

Oh my gosh that looks like so much fun!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I'm so jealous!!! We booked a murder mystery dinner once on a trip to Branson but it was canceled because not enough people booked it. Needless to day...I was disappointed.

What a wonderful day of love you had...all that and a open heart necklace!

God bless ya sweetie and have a beautiful day!!!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

My husband and I were part of a murder-mystery dinner once...it was a blast!

Jenny said...

Good Morning! I'm a new follower from the Mom Blogs...come by for a visit and return the favor.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Oo I've always wanted to go to one of those!

GottaLoveMom said...

happy valentine's day, too...what a lovely surprise!

eight helping hands said...

Hi! How are things? Even though I haven't been blogging, I wanted you to k ow that I still come by and read yours!
I'm glad you had a good Valentines Day!
Hope you are well.
Michelle