Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Hello? Are you in there?

It's been a long weekend of false alarms and tired feet. Jessica had gone to the doc on Friday and they said she was 2 cm dilated and I was like, oh yeah! She's actually not due until the 29th, but the doc said that she definitely won't make her due date. I was hoping for the baby to come over the weekend, so we wouldn't have to worry about school starting this week and getting Jordon there for his first day. So, when she woke up Saturday with cramping, I thought that maybe my first grandchild was a perfect angel and would be my new favorite kid in the world.
Jessica wanted to try to do the walking around thing to get things going and we had planned on going to the zoo as a last event before school, but we thought maybe that wouldn't be a good idea. It's kind of far away and if she did start to go into labor, I don't know if the long drive back would be safe. Besides, if she ended up delivering at the zoo and by the monkeys, we'd have to end up naming him Bonzo or something which wouldn't go too well when he started school.
We decided to go to the mall after running around, getting last minute supplies for the hospital visit. I'm still not sure how we are going to entertain a 3 year old for 12 hours+ in a waiting room-maybe she can help out with a c-section or something.
After about 2 hours of walking around the mall, while trying to convince Emily that we didn't need to go into every store or buy something, we were pooped. Did her pains get worse? Nope. She wanted to rest, so we went to get something to eat and went home.
I tried to convince the baby how wonderful it would be if he came out now and how I would give him some candy if he would please come out today.
Did he listen? Nope. Apparently, my children told him that if you want to get on my good side, DON'T do what I say. Those brats-I'll remember this at Christmas time.
When Sunday came, mom-to-be woke up with no pains except for sore legs from walking. I guess it's a lesson that she should learn early that kids don't always cooperate when you want them to-starting way before they're even born.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife (39 weeks and 6 days) went walking in the zoo with 90 degree on Memorial Day. At 3 pm the next day our little Mini-Kamp was screaming her lungs off.

Dana said...

hopefully soon!!!

Schmoop said...

Even while in the womb, kids can be so damn contrary. Cheers Tess!!