Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Never the cook

I love to watch cooking shows and I pour over foodie blogs, dreaming of being able to cook and bake like them. To put together wonderful dinners like Sandra Lee of Semi -Home Cooking. Other than my family benefiting from being able to serve something other than Mac n Chs, I would love to be able to photograph my creations.

Ahh, the dream...

The problem is, it has stayed just that- a dream.

It's not like I didn't try. I've tried different dishes, from homemade pizza, to even meatloaf. Did my entries look like the beautiful photos in the countless cookbooks I've purchased? Heck no. Did they at least taste good? Turned up noses say no.

I even tried baking, thinking maybe I could at least provide a tasty dessert to the family after a disappointing dinner...

Several lopsided cakes and dry brownies later, I've given up.

So what if I can't cook or bake? I look at it as job security for restaurant owners and bakery shops. God gave them that talent to keep people like us fed.

At least that's what I tell my husband.

(So far, it's working).

6 comments:

More Than Words said...

Haha..amen sister!!!!!! That is so me! Well, I do like to bake, but as far as cooking...it's always the same ole thing!!

Nicole Pyles said...

If it makes you feel better, you are totally not alone. I am not much of a chef myself, although I just love the idea. :)

Gina said...

Ha, ha. I enjoy cooking, but I am still jealous of some of the creations you see out there. Oh well, at least I still enjoy them and I definitely enjoy a good restraunt!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh girl...don't give up the ghost yet...I know ya have it in ya...really!

I cook in massive bunches and freeze entrees. I started this when I was teachin'. I could come home from school, pull out an entree, bake a 'tader, toss a salad and whaaa~la...dinner.

It was so handy I've continued it well after I retired. (We laugh 'bout that 'R' word here on the Ponderosa! Heeehehehe!

God bless ya sweetie and have a great week!!! :o)

Unknown said...

oh I love cooking and baking but don't do it quite as often as I'd like... love your blog
(Found you on MBC... http://simplethoughtsonthings.blogspot.com)

I'm free of the abuse said...

Love it!!! Thanks for the smile!
Susan
http://75percenthippie.blogspot.com
http://happyhippieheart.blogspot.com