Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, September 5, 2008

The moment of truth

We made it to yet another week's end with no baby. My daughter's belly is getting bigger by the day and I fear he's going to be able to walk out, with his own cigar and say, What's up?
She's on her way to yet another weekly appointment to see what's going on. They are going to do a non stress test, check her and an ultrasound. Sounds scary and alarming to me, but I've been hearing that this is a normal routine for overdue moms.
I'm SOOOOO ready for this baby now that I can taste it. Before, I was scared for my daughter, not ready to be a grandma and not prepared for a little baby to be around. Now with this delay, I'm so over it all and just want the darn little thing to come out!
Maybe this was supposed to happen this way with all the trips to the hospital, the late nights, wondering if THESE labor pains are the real thing and the waiting, waiting and waiting. It's made me want this and need this more than anything. Funny, how the universe works to welcome things into your life?
So, if they decide to induce her today, I will be right there saying, go ahead. Make me a grandma- I'm ready.

10 comments:

Amy Clary said...

*fingers crossed* I hope she has a good appointment. I pray that baby is growing as strong as it is stubborn. ;)
Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, no baby yet. I hope he comes soon. Here's hoping for a baby this weekend.

Dana said...

i hope it's this weekend.... Please keep me posted.. I will keep you guys on my thoughts!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there.

Tena said...

I had to have the stress test done with my first son. Went into labor that night and had him the next day!!
Fingers crossed! The end will be here soon enough

Helene said...

Keeping my fingers crossed too that the baby comes very soon!! Hope her appt went well! I can totally imagine all the excitement you must be feeling!!! Hope your next post will be a good report that the baby has arrived safe and sound!

Mary said...

How exciting. . . and frustrating! The wait must be excruciating, but I love that you've been able to gain meaning from it and know that you're ready. You'll be a fantastic help to your daughter, Grandma!

Anonymous said...

I pray for both your sake that the baby comes soon, and on his own will :)

Anonymous said...

I hope this was it and you'll be holding the wee one soon!

Arlice Nichole said...

Smile, Congratulations, I'm expecting Tuesday, but I will be induced. I must get your book! I'm interested in featuring it on my blog as work at home moms are who I also target. Arlice Nichole from The Comment Club,