Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Zachary Scott Elliott

Dear Zachary Scott,

We've waited so long for you to join us in this world. You gave your mama many aches and pains with your kicking, stretching and just being a little booger. You cried wolf to us many times with many trips to the hospital. Finally, your brave mama decided to let the doctors take you out of her tummy.



You were worth the wait and I felt honored to be able to cut the cord. You came into this world, a beautiful healthy baby boy-yes, I said beautiful. You can yell at me later. You looked at me and that's when I knew I was hooked.



I saw your mama in you and was reminded of when she was a baby and how happy I was to have her. Now, I am happy to have you as a grandson. When I go home from visiting you in the hospital, I can't wait to come back to see you and your mama and hold you tight.


I am so curious to what kind of relationship we will have. I look forward to conversations with you when you can talk and what your dreams in life are. You are my little Zach and I will love you no matter if you want to wear pink or spike your hair or even if you love spiders-well, maybe.

I look forward to when you come home and even with the sleepless nights to come and even when your mama comes to me crying, saying that she can't do it. I will help your mama to be the best mama to you because you deserve it.
I know you will be a great son to your mama and you will protect her and make her laugh when she is sad. You and your mama will be a great team, with trips to the park and zoo and lots of laughter together. You are a Christmas present come early and the best gift your mama ever received.
So, welcome to the world, little guy. I love you and miss you and can't wait to come hold you again.
Love,
Nana























20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I stopped by just in case and there he is. He is beautiful. I'm glad he's here and everyone is doing well.

Helene said...

Congratulations Nana!!!! He's precious!!!! I smiled as soon as I saw the title of this post!! And the letter to him is beautiful (filled my eyes with tears!!)

Tena said...

Congratulations to the new Nana!!!
He is perfect!!!!!!
Hope your daughter makes a fast recovery!!!

Elizabeth Channel said...

Yipee! He is so sweet! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone! It was a LONG journey! I thought I would faint during the c-section but, I survived. Can't wait to get them home. Thanks for all the support!

Anonymous said...

Wow Tess!

How beautiful he is! The poem and the pictures of him had me crying! Congratulations! Although it has been 20+ years since I have been around you, this little guy is in for a fun ride with his nana.

Love to you and your family.
Michelle Namminga (Jones)

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful! Congratulations to you and your daughter. I'm glad they both came out of it well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. He's so cute. Enjoy being a grandma. Sending fast revocery wishes to your daughter.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations Nana!

He looks like an angel! Welcome to the world little man.

~gail~mooselovingmamabear said...

Congratulations and he is "beautiful".

Caroline said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Dana said...

YAY... congrats on the baby.. I am soo happy for you and your family!!

Elfie33 said...

Congrats to everyone. He's a little doll.

Anonymous said...

Oh, he's just GORGEOUS! Congratulations.

Michele said...

Beautiful! Congratulations. :)

Anonymous said...

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. My girls want to say hi to you, mom's old (as in a long time ago)high school friend! They think your grandbaby is very cute!

Love, Michelle

My Trendy Tykes said...

awwww he is precious!

Linda

Nina said...

Congratulations! He is so precious. I say their is nothing like a beautiful new born baby. They can always take me to a happy place....

Shannon said...

He is a cutie! That letter is too sweet! Congrats Nana!!!

shannon
Rock Star Maternity
The Domestic Engineer's Union

Anonymous said...

Oh how pretty...I came back over to see and he is precious.....