Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sleepless nights

First, I apologize for the lack of posts this week. I'm running on only about 5 hours a night of sleep- yes, this could be sufficient to most people, but not me. I have to have at least 8-9 hours or I'm a zombie. Proof to this fact is when I was told that my husband had brought two McRib sandwiches to the hospital, and even though they sat right in front of me, I didn't even ask for one. Mind you, McRibs are my favorite item at Mickey D's and when they come to town, I order them every time we go until I get sick of them on purpose to tide me over until they come back on the menu.

As a writer, a lack of sleep wreaks havoc on trying to concentrate for a decent piece of writing. Especially when I was accepted as a contributing author for MomSpark and TeamMom the same week. I promise to get on board and back on schedule this week.

We all are still getting used to a baby being in the house, with the two other "babies", Emily and Mia (our dog) feeling left out. This week I was told by Emily that I didn't love her anymore and I accidentally left Mia outside in the rain for an hour.

The other day, I caught the two of them in Emily's room, planning the baby's mysterious disappearance and what they would write in the ransom note. Mia demanded going potty on the good rug for a week and Emily wanted nothing less than for mom and baby to check into Motel 8 for the next 18 years.

So, I will have to include some major three year old and puppy time before Zach's face shows up on the back of a milk carton.

9 comments:

Cant Hardly Wait said...

I hope everything gets better for ya'll! It'll get easier, of course you know that.

Caroline said...

So much is happening for you! I hope you get some rest soon.

Tena said...

It's a big adjustment for everyone ( doggie included), hoping you all find your groove soon!!!
{{{{ gentle hugs }}}}

Anonymous said...

It definitely takes some getting used to. I don't envy you the transition right now. Hope it all goes smoothly, you'll get the hang of it soon enough. It's like riding a bike isn't it?

Anonymous said...

It will get better as you know. It's a huge adjustment for everyone, including the dog. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get the chance to relax and rest soon :-) Babies are so much fun though!!!!

Nina said...

I know where you are coming from. I have a 10 month old that doesn't sleep well at all. I get up on average three times a night every night and he wants nothing to do with my husband so it is all me. I have become very use to the zombie mode.
If you haven't read the book "Happiest Baby On The Block" check it out. Everyone I know swares by it as a great way to help baby sleep better. Mine wouldn't do all the "s" and take a pacifier so I wasn't very succesful.

Anonymous said...

Oh my you sound so busy. I remember walking around in a fog for the first 2-3 months our child's life. Wishing you a sleepless night so you can get a break.

Anonymous said...

Someday you will actually get to sleep! I feel for all of you. Good luck to everyone, and here's to a restful night.
Michelle