Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ancient Chinese Secret, huh? If you remember this, you are old

A wonderful weekend of not having to be anywhere at anytime was savored until the last drop. We decided to visit our museum to check out the Ghost Hunters exhibit which turned out not to be very scary, but interesting to say the least. I ran into a person I kind of knew many years ago and who I couldn't really remember until he started talking for awhile and then like a light bulb beaming through my brain, I figured out who he was. Apparently, I played it off well, because he didn't seem to catch on that I didn't have the faintest idea who he was at first. Sorry, if you ever read this in the future- my memory is the equivalent of a gold fish.
Anyway, I forgot the damn camera, so I have no pictures to share of our day. What I do have to share is, when I have so much time on my hands, I have a tendency to think of what I should add to my already busy schedule. Sometimes, thinking gets me in all sorts of trouble. Especially, when it involves other people. Becoming a grandma has made me go through a mid life crisis-well, sort of. It has made me start to become aware of who notices me and how often I hear "Thanks, Ma'am" at the grocery store by the young and good looking bag boy. It's not that I feel that old and my husband still calls me 'hot'. I just have been questioning my youth and if I've become invisible to the world. I decided that I'm going to change some things in my life and even though it may not make me look twenty again, I can still feel better about myself. I'm starting with changing my diet. I'm not going on a DIET, just eating better in the hopes to gain more energy since I don't get the sleep I should. If the Internet has any suggestions or menus, please send me an email and if I like one, I'll post it and I'll send you a little something in the mail.
My next step is to get on the ball with my makeup and hair. It's very easy when you work at home to not wear much makeup or just throw your hair up in a ponytail. I haven't even replaced my empty makup base because I've been too lazy to make a special trip to the place that I get my makeup. I know, can we say, LAAAAZY???
So, my next change is to start doing my hair and taking the time to do my makeup- not promising what time of day, but I will.
My third goal is to start exercising again. I did put on a pair of pants yesterday that were a couple of inches too big and I'm not sure how that happened, but I am going to strive towards loosing about five pounds. My daughter wants to loose the baby pounds, so we're doing this one together. See? I knew I could drag someone in with me.
Will all of this make me feel younger? Turn a few bag boy's heads? Maybe. Or maybe I don't look as old as I think. As I think back to my run in at the museum, I was holding the baby at the time and my old friend had asked if that was my baby and I said that was my grandson and his jaw dropped at thought that I could be old enough to be a grandma-Thanks, Jason. I needed that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw. I think you look great, if your profile pic is any indication. But I can understand your sudden motivation. Sounds like you'll be going about it the right way. Healthy eating and exercise are always a good thing. I keep meaning to start myself...but there's always something.

Dana said...

i need to get motivated as well!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me how old I really am. At least you only have 5 lbs. to lose I have almost 20. And there is NO WAY you look old enough to be a nana. I am going to send you my new daily "diet". It has only been 2 weeks and I have lost 5 lbs. Yea me!

Ciao! Michelle

Helene said...

I loved the title of this post...I totally remember that commercial!! Man, I am old!!!

Okay, so kidding aside, I think you look great in your profile pic!!! I am also striving to take better care of myself, by exercising and watching what I eat. But I still have to work on the whole ponytail and no makeup thing...does it count that I wore a shirt today that didn't have children's puke stains on it??

Nina said...

I am bad about remembering people from my past but they always spot me. I obviously hasven't changed much because I don't recognize anyone anymore, that or I wasn't paying attention to begin with.
Don't let all those things make you question your age and who you are. Remember you are as young as you want to feel.

Anonymous said...

I think I remember this commercial, but it's pretty hazy because I'm so young. Okay, not really, I do remember this commercial and could use a boost myself. No grandchildren yet, but I have 1 daughter who is old enough to make me a grandmother, oh yuck!

Cant Hardly Wait said...

I'm 20 and I don't wear makeup every day. Though, exercise is good!

Your profile picture is b-e-a-yoo tiful. You don't look a day over 25. =)