Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Am I still alive?

I did it. I survived yet another wedding. Have you ever shot a wedding before? No? If you value your sanity, please don't. I just added ten years to your life. You can thank me later.

Did I make it to the huge garage sale that I desperately wanted to go to also? Kind of. I drove through the neighborhood on my way to the store to pick up batteries and really didn't see any good stuff. That made me feel better to be missing it this year. I quickly got back home and did Emily's hair and hoped that it stayed in place for the recital photos that I would also be missing. As far as I know, that went well but I guess I'll find out when the pictures come in. (fingers crossed)

I think I forgot to tell you that my dad was coming with me to help shoot the wedding. He was a photographer many years ago after he retired and though he really, really, really didn't want to go, he couldn't say 'no' to his baby girl. So, he shot backup for me and I didn't have to sit by myself during the meal time.

We actually had kind of a good time between coming early at the bride's request so we could take the girl's pictures ahead time, only to find out she chickened out because she didn't trust the groom sneaking out to see her. So, we had a nice three hours to kill. That was ok because they were a super nice couple and very cooperative after that.

Do you want to see a photo of the couple? Ok.

How about another one? You talked me into it.


I also had to thank my dad, not only for helping, but for getting us out of there at 7:30- a true record for me. I usually don't get out of the receptions until at least 9:30 at night. We also had an hour drive home, so that was a blessing to me. So, I grabbed a couple of favors for Emily (a tradition we had started my first wedding I did) and we were outta there.

I looked forward to getting home and expected to just be able to sit down and relax. When I walked through the door, I contemplated turning around and running back to my car and driving back to the wedding. THE HOUSE WAS A TOTAL DISASTER. I decided to just I set my camera bags down and ignore the mess until morning. I earned a "do nothing" evening and I was taking it. So, that night I dreamt that my husband and kids cleaned everything up in the morning before I woke up and the world was balanced again. Did my dream come true? Why yes, it did-and cute little fairies appeared too and made me breakfast in bed.

15 comments:

eight helping hands said...

Very funny! Cute pics too. I forgot to comment the other day and thank you for showing us a picture of your million dollar baby. So I see you stole my fairies, give them back!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful couple. Pix look great I can imagine the rest:O)

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures...wow

tracy

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Beautiful pictures...now kick back and relax you earned it :)

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

Beautiful photos! I love weddings, they're so much fun. (As long as they're not mine!)

Cinder Rail'lee said...

Beautiful photos!

Your awesome!

Jacqueline Miller said...

Congrats on winning the One Lovely Blog Award. Find the details on my blog: http://betterthanboogers.blogspot.com/

Jennifer said...

Tess! These pictures are beautiful!

Unknown said...

My Dad does wedding photography, and I am seriously considering asking to apprentice under him, learn some tricks and tips and art and what not, so that when he retires we can keep it up after that...

I've done several weddings with him, and I think they are kind of fun!

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

Your pictures are very nice! So nice of your dad to join you for the day. I have to admit, it drives me crazy with the house is a disaster when I come home after working. I try not to say anything, but that doesn't always happen.

Creative Junkie said...

I knew you were a photographer but how did I not know you were a professional photographer who shoots weddings? Looks like you did a wonderful job!

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Great pics! What a weekend.

I have something for you on my blog too!

Helene said...

Wow, you have some serious photography talent!! Those are gorgeous pics! Writing, photography...what don't you do well???!!!

AmyUy said...

Wonderful photos! What a beautiful couple!

ConnieFoggles said...

I knew you'd do it! Absolutely beautiful photos!