Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Words with a Blogger Wednesday

Wednesday! Wednesday! Wednesday!

It's Words with a Blogger Wednesday!

I am excited to bring to you today a great blog. This blog can help you save some green for dinner and I dont mean your veggies!

It's called,

$5 Dinners.com


The blogger that created this wonderful blog is

Erin Chase
and she is going to tell you about herself and her blog-right now.

My name is Erin Chase and I have a little problem. I can not make a meal that costs more than $5. Even if I try.
I spent the first 22 years of my life in Texas, followed by 6 years in the Dominican Republic, and I now call OH home. I have been married to the love of my life for almost 7 years and have 2 adorable little boys, almost 4 and 2, with a little turkey on the way...due Thanksgiving Day!


When did you start blogging?

I started a personal/family blog in May of 2007. As I wanted to post more and more recipes and all about the deals I would find at the grocery store, I decided I better start another one and $5 Dinners was born on August 22, 2008.

Do you make money from your blog?

Yes, I have monetized the site through a number of different advertising networks, affiliate programs, and private advertisers.

How frequently do you post?

I generally post twice a day during the week and maybe once on the weekend.

Do you have a favorite blogger(s) that you just can't live without
reading?

Big Mama! She is absolutely the MOST hilarious blogger out there. (www.thebigmamablog.com) Without a doubt. I often work at Panera, and I usually pop over to read what she's been up to and inevitably end up with half the place staring at me because I am laughing uncontrollably at my computer.

Have your readers influenced you in any way?

I value and appreciate reader input, if it is constructive! I want to make each readers visit to the site as comfortable as possible!

Has blogging changed your life in any way?

Yes, blogging has certainly changed my life! My blog is first and foremost my passion, but it is now a business! An official business. I can now comfortably say that my blog is also now my job. It's wonderful having a job you love! And being your own boss!!!

What do you do when you get writer's block?

I don't write! I take a week off. Write down ideas during that week and then start anew and fresh! I would suggest keeping an ideas notebook where you can write down "one liners" that will jog your brain into action if you are ever stuck. Re posting old posts is also a good idea. Take a walk down memory lane, or just be silent and still for a few days.

Any other advice you might have for newbie bloggers?

Find your voice and let it take you where ever you shall go! Don't stress about trying to make money or build traffic, as this becomes evident through your writing and your site. Be true to yourself and you will shine!!!
Thanks, Erin!
I need great bloggers! Do you want to be interviewed? Please contact me!

2 comments:

eight helping hands said...

I enjoyed the interview. Very nicely written. I have already checked out your blog and I like it! I love to find things that I need at the time. I have a family of five with a huge grocery bill and have been stressing about the rising costs and a tight budget. I will most definitely be back to your blog and am now following you!

Jennifer said...

I love this interview! I visited her site a couple days ago and loved it!