Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, May 4, 2009

The final week...

It's the final week for the contest and I'm almost sad to see it end. We did our final card signing Saturday and didn't do too bad on our own without help from family or friends. I honestly thought we wouldn't get anyone since we didn't advertise it anywhere and all my family came the last time, but we got a big crowd and the people at Kirlin's were excellent in helping us to get votes.

They kind of turned it into a real " local celebrity" signing by telling customers that Emily was doing a card signing and they could have their picture taken with "Emily the Celebrity" if they bought a card. How cute was that? She had alot of pictures taken with customers and we probably had a bit over thirty cards signed.


See the lower half of a guy walking up behind us? Yes, that's Emily's card in his hand. He was the only man that bought one of our cards at our signings. Just wanted to let you in on that little fact.

When it was over, the Kirlin's ladies gave Emily a gift bag full of little girl treats and she was just tickled pink over it. When we left, we stopped by the other Hallmark store that we did our first signing at to see how the cards were moving and told them that we were in 2nd place so far. They were all like, YEAH!!! They then gave Emily a Webkinz and she was all excited about getting some more free stuff. I think she is totally loving all this attention and presents because Sunday morning, she woke up early and said she wanted to do another card signing. I think this may of created a monster.

So like I said, I'm a bit sad to see this end and it would be so nice to keep up the attention a bit longer because if we won, we get to be back on the talk show we were on and our picture up as winning in the card stores. So may I ask a small favor of you? I'm asking all readers if they would mind putting up a sticky blurb on top of their blog for just one week, asking THEIR readers to vote once per day and if they are feeling a bit generous, buy one card. Would I be so terrible to ask this favor?

Maybe if I said, "Pretty PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE????"

12 comments:

Creative Junkie said...

I just voted for you again!

Keeping all appendages crossed for you ... good luck!

eight helping hands said...

I'm voting! I'm voting! I'm not blogging, but I am voting. That's more important right? And how cute is Jill V., from HS! She was so kind in HS and still is, voting for you everyday like the rest of us. The reason I haven't been blogging, a little on the sick side, which I'd rather no get into, it will eventually get better???

Jennifer said...

I voted! I hope you win!!!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I am voting!!!

Is this the Kirlins at Dayton Mall? I used to shop there when I lived in Springboro, Ohio all the time!

Veronica Lee said...

I voted and am confident you will win!!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Just got my vote in!!

Terra said...

I will go to Hallmark tomorrow! I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket anyway! I am also going to vote again!

GOOD LUCK

Farrah from Wife and Mom of 3 said...

That is so cool! Something for you two to look back on and a pic for the scrapbooks! :-)

Helene said...

I keep voting every day!! It would be so exciting for you to win!!

I love that they made Emily into a little celebrity for the day!! Very sweet!

I checked my stats and so far 42 people have clicked on the link I posted at the top of my blog so hopefully that was an extra 42 (if not more) votes!!

Tess said...

Way cool-Helene! Thanks!

Tess said...

Thanks everyone!!

ConnieFoggles said...

I'm voting too! It's so nice that the stores are giving her gifts. How cute is that?