Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, May 8, 2009

I don't have time to blog-I'm on Facebook...

First of all, just an update on my card because I can: I'm in 2nd place and I've been checking on Hallmark's Facebook and they are all in a buzz over how to decide who is the winner after Sunday-by the card sales or voting-not that anyone should stop voting online. I think they are really weighing over going with the sales. So if you have some spare change stuck under your couch cushions or in your cup holder in your car, please just buy at least one card. You can store it in your memory box and in twenty years, you can take it out and say, I remember that woman. She ended up going crazy over some silly contest and they locked her up and we never heard from her again. I'm so glad that I bought this card to remember her by....

Now, on to other things. Have I told you that I love Facebook? I used to hate it-I don't even know why. Whenever I heard someone talk about it, I would cringe. I thought, what a waste of time, this Facebook. I figured it was just a place to get a date online, have an affair or just tell people your business. I know. What am I thinking?

Anyway, one day I just decided to go over and check it out. I'm not sure what made me do it. Maybe the forces of evil took over my fingers. At any rate, I found myself on their site. The phrase, "curiosity killed the cat" ran through my mind as I signed up. I skimmed through the different options and came across the "find people" box. You could find out where your old school buddies are now and see if the popular crowd got fat and bald. Curiosity killed the cat. Curiosity killed the cat. Did I want to go down this path? I smelled an addiction coming. What if I did connect with old friends? What if this was fun? Before I could even reason with myself, I found myself typing in people's names. Oops-there they were. Add as a friend? Umm, ok. Just this one. Hey, there's somebody I didn't even talk to in school. Add as a friend? I could try. I had a crush on him. Add him as a friend? Maybe. Wait. I hated her in high school. Add as a friend? Okay-got to see if her family lost their fortune and she now works at McDonalds-NOT that it's not ok to work there. You know what I mean, people.

That was a month or so ago. I now have 33 friends and was contacted by three reporters for interviews for my card that wouldn't of found me if it wasn't for Facebook. I was also contacted by a lady that told me that she Googled me to find a way to contact me to let me know that she saw our card in the store and thought her daughter looked exactly like Emily. So much, that they thought somebody stole a photo of her! Then just this week, I connected with an old best friend that I thought was lost forever and we have been emailing about all the adventures that we've been up to over the last ten years.

So now I love Facebook. Don't know what I ever did before Facebook. Help. I'm now addicted to Facebook. Please come pry my fingers off of the keyboard before I marry Facebook.

9 comments:

Creative Junkie said...

Sigh. I just can't get into Facebook! I've tried. The most I do is update my status every once in awhile.

Seems like everyone lives there!

Aim said...

I love facebook too...and I only signed up so I could monitor what my teenager was doing. LOL

MoonNStarMommy said...

LOL - I had a hard time getting into Facebook too - hated the format, hated everything about it just on sight, cuz I hated it, it was stupid... dumb... only signed up cuz I kept getting invite crap in my email... now, I'm just as addicted. Yep... it's sad, really it is.

Cher said...

Just wanted to say Hi! I found you via the Mom Bloggers Club Follow Me Group. I am now following you! Stop by my site when the get the chance! I also have a lot of giveaways going on!

I am slowly starting to use Facebook but I could see how it could be addicting!

Unknown said...

I have got to go buy your card!!! So I can remember you. :)
And I'm sorry, I'm a FB slacker!

Veronica Lee said...

I'm not on Facebook. Keeping up with my blog is already a handful!!

Rae Ann said...

Yeah, I've gottet sucked in, too. I resisted for the longest time, but in the end, FB won!

I'm following you from the MBC Under 100 Club, and have been for a while, but my picture is not showing up on your followers list. I'll unjoin and rejoin and hopefully that will take care of it.

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

I can't help you. I used to be a Facebook-phobe & even blogged about it. But now I'm on it and I love it too. I'm going to look you up!

Buckeroomama said...

My notebook is on almost 24/7 --thanks to FB and blogging!

Thanks for stopping by my blog...

Happy Mother's Day!