Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Photography-Bokeh

My favorite type of photos to take are Bokeh pictures. Bokeh is Japanese for fuzziness. I'm sure you have heard of it from other blogs.

I use this effect for my review photos.



And for my doggie photos.

And for the kids photos.

This effect has become more and more popular with photographers, and there are lots of information on the Internet to learn how to make this effect.

I found an interesting article titled, Bokeh pictures-How to make one easily

In this article, the author explains about the different lenses that allow your photos to have the bokeh effect. Some lenses would probably be out of my price range, but if you can afford them, you could make some fabulous photos!

Macro lenses can give the same effect when shooting something up close. In the article, Learning the Craft of Closeup Photography, the author explains the different lenses to use and about the subjects that make great closeup photos. This could make for great visual tools for foodie bloggers. The article also has some great photos that demonstrate macro photos.

So, take this weekend to practise some bokeh or macro photography and post about it on Monday to show everyone how you did!



5 comments:

eight helping hands said...

I wish I could afford a decent camera. I always buy the cheap ones. Like Coolpix, etc.
Hey, e-mail me so that I can know if it is o.k. to put your book up on Facebook. I don't want to announce it there before you do. Thanks hon! I talked about your book at work. Buy it @ Barnes N Noble and Amazon. com(s) Woo Hoo!

Irena said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! Great blog! I love photography.

LadyFi said...

Such great photos! I'll have to look into the Bokeh effect...

ConnieFoggles said...

I didn't know about that phrase or about the technique. Photography is one of my hobbies. I long to learn more about it. One of these days I'm going to take the time to just do it. Thanks for your tips.

Reeni said...

I love this effect! It makes everything look so warm.