Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Words with a Blogger Wednesday

Words with a Blogger Wednesday!
This week's blogger has a great blog called


Tell us about yourself!
My real life name is Melissa, but a lot of times I go by Eclipsed in the e-world. I have been married almost 4 years to a police officer husband and in June we had our first baby, Isabella. My blog is called Completely Eclipsed (www.completelyeclipsed.blogspot.com) and it's really all about how I balance work, family, and friends and try not to completely lose out on the person I was before I was "Mom."
When did you start blogging?
I started blogging when I was about 15 weeks pregnant or so, but I didn't really get into it until after my daughter was born. At first it was a place for me to post pregnancy updates and belly pics for friends, silly things. However it's become a very important part of my life. It's my place to vent, to be honest, to find humor in things, to connect with other women like me.

Do you make money from your blog?
No I don't make any money. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but it just hasn't happened for me yet.

How frequently do you post?
I try to post about 4 times a week. I try to schedule posts as much as I can because I find if I don't write down my ideas right away, I lose them.

Do you have a favorite blogger(s) that you just can't live without reading?
You mean besides you? ;) I absolutely love Sarah @ The Stroller Ballet (www.strollerballet.blogspot.com), Quixotic @ Quixotic Life (www.quixoticlife.com), and Theta Mom (www.thetamom.com). I love refreshing honesty and the ability to make fun of yourself. These women really put themselves out there and inspire me to be a better writer/blogger.

Have your readers influenced you in any way?
Absolutely. I'm continuously amazed that anyone gives a rats patutie what I think. I'm also blown away by the amount of support and advice I receive from "strangers."

Has blogging changed your life in any way?
It really has. It's been almost like a life line to me. Especially when I'm writing through a difficult time in my journey, I can get those feelings out and actually hear from other people who have been there. I've made some great friends and I feel like I've really come into my own.

What do you do when you get writer's block?
I read other people's blogs to try and get inspired. Or I try to find a humorous observation about my day and see if it might be something other people can relate too.

Any other advice you might have for newbie bloggers?
Network. Get out there and comment. Give good comments, not "Great post" but something meaningful that shows that you actually read and cared about what the blogger had to say. Follow blogs that you love. Keep your posting current and don't give up, success comes with time.

Thanks, Melissa!

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice. i get what you are saying with it being a lifeline. being offline for the last 3 days has been refreshing, but it is so good to be back with friends...

StephaE said...

Awwww!! I really love her blog! And her daughter is super adorable! Plus I love the name she picked for her...Isabella!!!

Elizabeth Channel said...

I love this idea of featuring different bloggers! I'm going to check our her blog now! Thanks!

The Blonde Duck said...

She sounds so sweet!

parenting ad absurdum said...

Love hearing others' takes on blogging - thanks for sharing this!

Peryl (MBC CAC)

veterankindergartenteacher said...

I really enjoy reading her blog. That is what led me to yours! I wanted to read what you blogged about her.

Helene said...

This was a fun interview to read! I didn't know you were still doing this feature...I've found many wonderful blogs through you!

A GAL NEEDS... said...

Wow! I found you through Completely Eclipsed, who I found through Friday Follow. So glad to find your blog! I'm at AGalNeedsAtLeast2Blogs!
Have a great weekend!