Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dear Blog

When you were first born, I loved and cared for you. I filled your pages with words every day. I posted photos, jokes, advice and reviews. I helped you make friends. Lots and lots of friends. Eventually, you started to grow. And grow. And grow. I got free stuff because of you. I made some money because of you. I loved you and all that you gave me.

But then I became obsessed with you. I spent too much time keeping up with your friends. I let housework go. Sacrificed time with kids. I obsessed with how many comments I got. I was in over my head with you.

I had to make the decision to back away from you.

I became busy with my other life away from you. I got a lot of things accomplished while away from you, but I missed you. I also felt guilty neglecting you. So, I kept trying to come back to you but I found that I couldn't.

I thought I would be okay to just post once in awhile. This worked for awhile. But, then I was sad again. But, then one day it hit me- maybe I needed you in a different way. In the beginning, I wanted to make you big for the fame, the income, and the ego. I had forgotten about the other side of blogging-support, advice, friends and being a part of a real community of great people.

I should have visited you during the good times, the bad times, and 'just because' times. When I needed to talk to someone when my brother decided he didn't want to be my brother anymore, I should have turned to you. When my grandbaby was in the hospital and they didn't know what she had, I should have written about my worries. Everytime I moved closer to reaching a goal, I should have posted about my excitement. When I needed advice about my youngest not wanting to go to school, I could have turned to you.

I will no longer be obsessed with you, but to turn to you as a friend. No longer will I be concerned about how many comments I get. Instead, I will smile if I get one, but not be upset if I only have two. I will visit other blogs, but not worry if I didn't get to everyone.

So, I hope you will forgive me and welcome me back, my dear friend.

2 comments:

trisha @momdot blog said...

i just wrote this same post basically yesterday!

great minds..

trisha

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I just adore your 'Dear Blog' letter. If not careful we can let 'em consume us.

Enjoy the day and may it be richly blessed!!!