Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Marketing your business

While at the bridal expo, I wished that I would had time to get more promotional materials to hand out. For example, promotional pens would have been nice. I think that having items like that will help get the word out about my photography business. We had business cards and handed out candy, but I think next time I'll need more.

In the mean time, I'm going to have to get some cool envelopes with my name on it. I did drop off calendars to local doctors to get the word out about newborn photography. I'm hoping that will get me some business.

I've thought about using engraved pens for when the client signs a contract with me and maybe letting them keep it afterwards. At any rate, I really like the idea of seeing my business name on bags, pens, cups, etc. I think the investment will pay off in the long run!

1 comments:

sara said...

I love the idea of the engraved pens! I always look at the pen I am using and if they happen to be looking for a photographer, even better!