Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, September 22, 2008

No June Cleaver here

Sometimes, you don't realize just how much you rely on technology these days to survive until something you take for granted leaves you. One day last week, Jessica was attempting to warm up water for a bottle and our 10 year old ever faithful microwave went "bleep, bleep, buzzz....." and then nothing.
After falling to my knees and asking the heavens why they had to take my trusty old friend so soon, I got up and started to panic. What would I do now? How would I fix lunch? I looked in the fridge- Oh good, leftovers. Wait. I can't heat them up in the microwave. I looked in the freezer to see what I will do about supper. I grabbed a package of steak and looked at the time. I'll have to defrost it. Wait, no microwave. I frantically looked through our cupboards and found a can of vegetables. At least the can opener still works, except how will I heat them up? I slammed the can down on the counter. Just then, my husband came into the kitchen.
"What are you doing?"
"The microwave died and now we can't eat."
He looked at me and walked over and pointed to the stove.
"You know, you can use the stove to cook or heat food, right?"
"Oh yeah."
"What did you ever do before you had a microwave?"
"Pizza delivery."

4 comments:

Tena said...

HA HA HA! This is classic and so true! I depend on my microwave almost as much as I depend on the coffee maker! LOL!

Nina said...

Too funny! I know what you are saying, we had no power last week and it drove me crazy not able to use the microwave.

Anonymous said...

This is so funny. I have often thought of my relationship with my microwave. I would have to rush straight to the store for another if mine crashed.

Alicia said...

OH my gosh, I've totally had days like that!

Its scary how much we depend on technology.

Alicia
www.momdot.com