Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

She found her calling

Yesterday was Emily's first dance class and as I had mentioned, she was not looking forward to it. She envisioned torture tools and the removing of body parts, even after we went to the store and picked out a pink Hannah Montana leotard with matching pink tights and ballet shoes. Surely, nobody would torture someone wearing THAT outfit, right?

Daddy volunteered (ok, he was told) to take her because I'm a chicken shit and sometimes that's what dads are for. That hour was the longest hour in the world for me. I could just see him trying to pry her fingers off the side of the car door and drag her into the class kicking and screaming about how bad parents we are and how she will be in therapy for most of her adult life because of us.
After they finally got back, apparently all was forgiven as she ran into the house, talking at the speed of light about how fun class was and could she PLEEEESE go back tomorrow?

I was so happy that this turned out to be a good idea, but I'm sure I'll have to remind myself of this when she starts asking every morning if TODAY is dance class day.

--------

Side note:
I promised to pass along the award I received from Angela over at Unexpected Art -thanks again! I also am doing her 31 Days of Make Believe Challenge. Please vote for mine!

Mine goes up on Oct. 3rd. (dont worry, Ill remind you)



So, here are the rules for the Shiny Object (or "Brillante Weblog Premio" Award):

1. Place the logo on your blog.

2. Link to the person who awarded you.

3. You can nominate up to 5 blogs.

4. You can then add their links to your blog.

5. Leave a message in the comment section to each nominee on their blog.So (drumroll please) I'm passing this award to:

Thoughts from the Mrs.

Punky Monkey

Eight Helping Hands

Me Time

Thanks for having awesome blogs!



10 comments:

Tena said...

I am so glad she had a blast at dance!!! I bet she looked adorable!

Thanks for the award, your too kind!
Ü

Dana said...

thanks for the bling! you're the greatest!

Amy Clary said...

Oh, thanks so much for the award! That's so sweet.

I'm glad your daughter enjoyed her dance class. It's so fun to see when children find something that they REALLY like. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! My daughter just started taking dance too - I too feared the same reaction! Thankfully she LOVES it! Glad it worked out for your daughter too! Still, I say you make the hubby take her next time too to give you a break!

Anonymous said...

Congrads on the award !

Anonymous said...

It's great that she was able to enjoy. Sometimes all the kicking and screaming is worth it, just so they learn something new about themselves.

michelle said...

I'm glad she loved it! My Sweet Mady takes tap and ballet and just loves them!

Marissa said...

Yay! I'm glad she had fun...how could you not in ballet class? :)

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Congrats on your recent award! I'll have to check out the new winners :).

Anonymous said...

Whoohoo. Thanks for the award! Shall be paying it forward tonight.