Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Words with a Blogger Wednesday

Words with a Blogger Wednesday
This week's blogger is

Tell us about yourself and your blog.
I'm a 21 year old college student with crazy curly brown hair. I have one son with my husband of soon to be 2 years, and he is in school as well. We both work in the medical field part time and on computer projects on the side.
I love blogs! They help me meet people I would have never known otherwise. I think the blogosphere is an amazing place. My own blog is currently devoted to helping others learn how to grow their blog, reach new readers and such. I actually read books about this kind of stuff just for fun, can you believe it? haha Right now I'm learning about marketing in niches as well as using emotions in marketing strategies. I share information like this to my readers to help them in their own efforts to reach out to others.

Do you make money from your blog?
Makin $$$$?? Not really. I have a sponsor that is totally awesome and when I was doing blog designs I earned a little mulah, but no Big Bucks at the moment. But, if the time does come, of course that would be nice.

How frequently do you post?
This is a great question. I recently wrote a piece on blogging in moderation and gave examples of my own blogging habits. I usually post around 4 times a week; usually thats on weekdays, not weekends. I had to come to a balance to what I thought was best for both readers and writer.
Do you have a favorite blogger(s) that you just can't live without reading?
My readers blogs! I love to read their great posts and what they're up to. I also love finding a new blog and blogger to meet. That's always fun.

Have your readers influenced you in any way?
Oh, totally. I blog for them to help them as much as I can. I look into what their needs might be to grow their blogs and research for information. COMMENTS MEAN A LOT TO ME. (Hint hint to all my readers who want more of a specific topic. Tell me so!) It helps me know whether or not the post was helpful and what they may need more information about. It makes blogging worth it to hear from my readers.

Has blogging changed your life in any way?
Blogging has helped me develop my character and personality as an individual. I used to be a very nervous person and had a hard time reaching out to others, afraid of what they might think. I have come a LONG way from my naturally timid and shy personality. Am I completely over it? No, I still have moments. But I'm not as afraid to approach others with big personalities and opinions. And there are so many nice people in the blogging world. I love the people I've met blogging and how nice they are! It reminds me that yes, there are nice people out there. (Not creepy nice, just plain ol' polite nice).

What do you do when you get writer's block?
Read a book. Research information. Review old e-mails. I sometimes forget how much information is out there for me to learn and grow from. Research and reading gets my thinking wheels going again, and I can usually find a hammer to break through the block. Sometimes you can just write about anything, and it will lead to something productive you can put on your blog.

Any other advice you might have for newbie bloggers?
ATTENTION ALL NEWBIE BLOGGERS: Don't give up! Keep on going, and keep on blogging. If you don't you'll never know how it might have all turned out...
Thanks, Sarah !

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

very cool. intrigued at the blog being about helping bloggers...off to check it out...

Danielle said...

Yayyy what a great meme!!! I love that you encourage new bloggies and that you are pro sponsor but not like in obsessed love with them!
yay for sane.
D