Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The week from hell

It seems since the weather let up a bit, everyone has come out of the woodwork for photos. This week has been crazy and I also have a wedding and a grandson's bday to deal with over the weekend.

I've been having the usual nightmares that I get about a week before I do weddings. You know the dreams- you show up at the wrong time, your camera won't work, you can't remember the couple's names. I also get an upset stomach that starts that Monday and lasts until the day after the wedding. I really don't know why I agree to shoot them-they are nerve wrecking.


I watched a clip the other day that was about a well-known newborn photographer. She talked about how passionate she was about taking photos of babies.

She mentioned that she probably would be good at shooting weddings, but that she didn't like to do them. She stated, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

Love that.

I will now live by that rule.

No more weddings for me-except for the one I agreed to do in October.


I did a session with a nice little girl yesterday. She loves having her photo taken, so she was easy to work with.
Very cute!

Great smiles.
I also did some more of the new grandbaby with mom and "dad".




She just happened to pee on "dad" when we did the birthday suit poses-she must be trying to get on my good side. :)

4 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

I simply love that one of your grandbaby asleep with her mommy lying next to her. :)

Brian Miller said...

ha. peed on dad....
great shots...that little girl is so adorable...

Liz Mays said...

I love your shots here!

I have heard quite often that weddings are a very, very tough gig!

sara said...

The pictures are beautiful!