Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Christmas came early

The last two weeks, it seemed like the Fed Ex, USPS and the UPS guys were coming practically every day to our house to deliver packages. Between getting free stuff from gift certificates that I've been "winning", ordering products for the new studio, and other products photography business related, everything was coming on time (miracle) and at the same time.

I am not complaining though. I LOVE getting stuff delivered to my front door-I did start to be concerned that the neighbors might be thinking that we were involved in some kind of shady stolen electronic business. I had SO many packaging and boxes to get rid of, I had to hire my daughter's boyfriend to haul them away in his truck.

One thing that I got was an early Christmas present from the hubby. I told him that it was vital that I got this early because I really needed it for my business. This is what I got.


It's the Epson 710 All-In-One Printer. I love, love, love it! This is my new best friend.

Now, I can do this.

I have been wanting to do something with the CDs that I burn for my clients. I heard that the labels are bad for computers, so I didn't want to do that. This printer actually burns the photo right on to the CD. It also can print without even using your computer-yeah! My old printer was about twenty years old and I don't even use the color ink anymore. Now, I can print photos!

I also came across a cool packaging idea for the CDs.


This is a tri fold card that you can put the CD in the middle-how cool! I also put the print release right on it as well so the client can just take the whole thing to the printers.

I designed a new logo for the front as well. I think I will have to put this on my site too.

Among dealing with all the new stuff, I also had a maternity shoot this weekend with a very sweet couple and their cute doggy.

Elly (dog) didn't want to cooperate at first, but she settled down enough to get some shots with her. Mom-to-be was so pretty and nice-she will make a great mommy!

Dad-to-be was a bit shy at first, but loosened up after awhile.

I like to make sure everyone has fun during their photo shoot, and I think this couple did.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that I heard her say that she was having a lot of fun to her husband. One of the perks of doing photography is being able to make people happy!

3 comments:

Marie Young (Marie Young Creative) said...

Great gift! I can see it will get a lot of use.

DogsMom said...

Such a cute shoot. They really do look like they are having fun.
Congratulations on the new printer. Someday I want to be on a first name basis with the delivery guys.

Marla said...

What a fun post. Great photos.