Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Not the fun mom.

Summer is approaching fast-even though Mother Nature seems to be bi-polar these days and can't decide what season she wants it to be. This was my youngest daughter's first year of school and I can't believe we survived. We went through ups and downs, first play dates at her new friend's houses, story telling, and who knows what else since school is not out yet.

I have to wonder what her summer will be like being at home and stuck with us. She says she's excited to get to stay home, but I think she will be bored. I love when my kids are home for summer, but I don't look forward to those dirty looks from her when, after the first two days of freedom wear off and she suddenly has nothing to do.

I will then have to become her playmate, even though I don't have the summer off. In fact, it's my busiest time of the year. So, I will have to disappoint her and be the bad guy as usual.

This reminds me of the other day, when I picked her up after school and as we were walking to the car, she turns to me and asks, "Mom, what do fun moms do with their kids?"

Ouch.

2 comments:

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

I know what you mean. I still cringe every time I hear, "Mom, I'm bored"

secret agent woman said...

Mine stay home on their own, so if they get bored I don't see it!