Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Emily

Emily,
I can't believe you are already 8! It seems like just yesterday, you were crawling around in your little footie pjs, with your blonde bouncy curls falling in your face. Now, you are so big and so grown up.


I look at you and I see me in you. Then, all of a sudden, I'll see your dad in you. Of course, all the good stuff comes from me.

Remember that next time you get in trouble.


You've taught me so much too. Just recently, you've made it very clear that I can't dance and I have no fashion sense (two posts on their way).


I miss that you aren't a baby anymore, but I treasure the age you are now. I know you won't be little for long and I want to savor every moment and memorise everything about you that makes you you.


So, as I type this, you are running around with your slumber party buddies (first slumber party-I'm SOOO tired!) and having fun. I will try not to cry as I still miss being able to hold you all wrapped up in your little blanket 8 years ago today.

 I know, I'm a big sap...

Now, I'm going to prepare for birthday party number two today-yes, you still get three birthday parties every year. Have a great birthday weekend, you little dork!

Love you,
Mom

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

my kids teach me so much as well...hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Unknown said...

What a sweet post! :-) (And by the way, thanks for stopping by the other day!)

Liz Mays said...

She sure is a sweetheart and so very pretty! I'm laughing that she's already calling you out on your fashion mistakes!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Awww soo sweet!

Barbara said...

What a sweet post. Happy belated 8th birthday!