Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, February 13, 2009

I didn't forget...

Today was also the end of my book design contest and I wanted to make sure it was dated on Friday the 13th-woooooo....does that sound scary?

Now, I got a surprisingly amount of votes for #1:


And there were votes for the other designs, but second place came in for #4:

You guys are good-those were the two in the final running for publishing!

I stared and stared and stared at these designs until my eyes dried up and crumbled out of their sockets. (not really otherwise, how could I type this? Even though I CAN type with my eyes shut and, well, never mind.)

Anyway, I did all that for nothing, because it turns out that #1 would not show up well in publishing land's opinion and #4 is crisp and clean with just enough of a "suspense" look to it.

Soooo, #4 has it and since I think under five people voted for that cover, they all win! And even if it was over five you still all win.

Be patient for publishing date. Still in the waiting.

Did you vote for #4? Do you remember? Well, you better get your butt back over to my original post and look.

Anyway, I hope your Friday the 13th went well and eat lots of chocolate tomorrow for me!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't forget because I sure did. I can't remember if I picked the right one although I suspect I might have because it looks familiar. I'll go see! Congrats on getting close to publishing now!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I checked and I was close but no cigar. I picked one very similar and that's why it looked so familiar. That's ok. I'm just happy you picked a blue one!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Oooh I liked that first one too- I bet your excited! #4 will be great as well!
Happy Valentines Day!

Veronica Lee said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Tess!!

eight helping hands said...

I knew this would be the best one! Um hmmmm....
Also, I know all about the typing with the eyes shut. Do you remember when our typing teacher would make us practice that? Also I can type and watch t.v. at the same time and be able to tell when I make a mistake, I rarely read anything I type, and hardly ever check it for errors. Tacky I know!

Jennifer said...

It's so scary! AGH! I can't wait for it to come out! Please let us know when it'll be available! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for entering, everyone!

eight helping hands said...

I could have swore I chose #4, but got to thinking....Not a big fan of the blood look. So, I went back and looked and it was #3. mmmmmmm hmmmmmm. How Tacky am I!

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Kate said...

I'm excited for the book to get published. I don't know, I think I like both designs.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the book to be published. How exciting!

High Desert Hooker said...

Yay! I voted for #4! I voted under my other blog/account Retro Heather.

Helene said...

I think I picked the red cover!! But I do like the blue one too! Congratulations on getting even closer to having your book published...yay!!!