Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Words with a Blogger Wednesday

Is it Wednesday already? Let's see, the garbage is out for pick up so I guess it is!
It's Words with a Blogger Wednesday!
This week's blogger is Cecelia from
Take it away, Cecelia!
I'm Cecelia from the Baby Kid Blogs and thrilled to be interviewed by Teresa. I have three blogs including Cool Baby Kid, Smart Baby Kid and Ask Baby Kid, as well as a new blogger recognition program called "Blog Popz." Cool Baby reviews hip, cool products while Smart baby focuses on educational ones. Ask Baby Kid is a question/answer format with tips for busy parents and bloggers.

When did you start blogging?
I started blogging in 2007 as a place to share my favorite finds with friends. One thing led to another and in a few short years my little hobby has taken over my life!
Tell us about what kind of blog you have and what made you decide to run a blog like this?

As I mentioned, Cool baby Kid was the original blog. When friends asked "Where did you get that?" I started compiling them (I'm a compulsive researcher and bargain shopper) into a blog. As a teacher, however, it was always in the back of my mind to focus one blog on educational products which is the idea behind Smart Baby Kid. The third blog was actually my original blog idea which was to gather quick tips on parenting in one place, though it's now evolved into a site for bloggers as well.


Do you make money from your blog?
Though I do make enough money from the blog to consider it a part-time job, I work for every penny! Blogging can take a lot of time and energy to be successful.
How frequently do you post?
I normally post every weekday on Cool Baby Kid and a few times a week on the others. I take the weekend off, however, and use that time to catch up on posts and improve the blogs.

Do you have a favorite blogger(s) that you just can't live without reading?
Darren at http://www.problogger.com/ was one of my original subscriptions and one I still read faithfully.

Have your readers influenced you in any way?
Absolutely. They've given me ideas, asked questions and made suggestions which I've implemented in the blogs. I love having conversations with readers and have gotten a lot of great finds from them!

Has blogging changed your life in any way?
It's become a part-time job and hobby that has taken sometimes more time than I have. Other hobbies have fallen by the wayside while I manage two kids, a full time teaching position and three blogs.
What do you do when you get writer's block?
Fortunately I haven't had that problem yet. Every time I have an idea I write it down and come back to those ideas later when I'm looking for topics to write about. And there are way too many cool products out there to ever run out of reviews.

Any other advice you might have for newbie bloggers?
Network like crazy. Check out http://www.mombloggersclub.com/ http://www.twitter.com/ and similar sites and schedule networking into your blog routine. Let me know if you need anything else! The links to the blogs are below.
Cecelia~Dr. Cecelia Mecca
Baby Kid Blogs
Thanks, Cecelia!
Do you want to be interviewed?
All you have to do is comment and let me know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it when you interview other bloggers!

(trying to register to vote for you, by the way)

eight helping hands said...

Cool interview. I will check her out. I have been faithfully voting for Emily everyday.
Thanks for the info on book publishing. Thank you for the offer to help me if needed. Your a sweetie!

Terra said...

Great blogger interview - I bookmarked so I can come back on click on her links tonight. t hanks for sharing

Helene said...

I love when you do these interviews!! Very fun to read!!!