Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Invaders of the non-answering phone kind...

Do I like talking on the phone? Well, not really. I'm not sure why and actually, I used not be like this when I was a teen and even in my twenties. Just the last ten years or so. Really, there's just a few people that I will talk to for more than a few minutes without wanting to rip my head off. No offense to everyone else-it's nothing to do with you, it's me-and you telemarketers and occasional creditors? Good luck, because it'll be a frickin' cold butt day in hell before you'll hear my voice on the other end.

I thought that maybe I was some kind of freak-a-zoid all alone, but I came across an old post on Pioneer Woman. She admitted that she had a phone neurosis and I was all like, Me too! Me too! Upon reading her reader's comments, I realized that there were many of us freak-a-zoids out there. When that happens, then you don't feel like such a freak-a-zoid.

Now, having said that, I must totally contradict myself and tell you that it totally drives me crazy that my oldest prefers to send me text messages instead of talking to me on the phone. We have many fights over this when I tell her to call me and hours later I pick up the phone and when she finally answers, I'm like, HELLO? WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL? She quickly responds with, But I sent you a text-didn't you get it? I tell her that I don't carry my cell phone around with me at home and when I say I want a phone call, than I want a phone call!

This has lead me to believe that she has inherited my phone neurosis and well, when you have two freak-a-zoids trying to get a hold of each other, it's a big mess. We'll have to figure out some way to over come this or one day I'll read in the paper how my daughter got married and it'll be to that piece-of-$#^& sperm donor to her child and I missed it all. I will then call her up and ask why didn't she call me and her response will be,
"But I sent you a text message..."

10 comments:

High Desert Hooker said...

Oh God, I HATE talking on the phone! Every time it rings I start to panic! I think this might stem from having a job where I used to have to answer the phone. But also, it's just such a time sucker. I like email and web stuff because you can interact a little bit here and there where it fits into YOUR life, and not get stuck for hours on the phone!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I feel the same way. I hate the phone but geez.. Call Me! Don't send a text. I'm not checking for texts. I need to hear your voice.

eight helping hands said...

I believe all children should call their mother. Otherwise I hate talking on the phone. However, I do have that one friend who refuses to join the 21st century and use the computer or cell phone!

Unknown said...

I don't like talking on the phone b/c my kids always interrupt, I don't text! Email me!!!

Courtney said...

I am a new Follow Me member and I am now following you! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi- Stopped in to check out your blog and subscribe- I'm a new Follow Me member. Looking forward to reading more!

Anonymous said...

I like talking on the phone! And it infuriates me that my daughter insists on texting me instead of calling me. For crying out loud, I could have had an entire conversation with her in the time it takes me to find an exclamation point while texting.

Terra said...

I used to love the phone, I can't stand it now, unless I need to do something (like fold laundry) then I can be found chatting away while I mindlessly fold!

Anonymous said...

I SOOOO hate phones...funny that my cell phone is with me EVERYWHERE...BUT it is a Blackberry so I do everything else on it but talk (unless I have to that is)!! LOL

I think part of it was spending so many years on phone conference calls!!

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

I find that I procrastinate on returning calls. I don't rush to answer the phone, either and I don't usually return text messages. I miss talking to my Mom, but that was the only person that I would call jus to talk to.