Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Prince Charming?

A couple of weeks ago, I told you about my oldest daughter's struggle with the father of her baby which resulted in a restraining order. As far as I know, he's stayed away and things have been quiet on the home front. In fact, she even met a nice boy and they've been dating ever since. This guy works, is starting college and drives. I am happy to hear that she's moved up from a total I-wouldn't-walk-on-so-much-of-a-dirt-scum-sucking-butthead, to a kind and decent guy that totally loves baby Zach.

I'm crossing my fingers for her (and me-I don't need anymore gray hairs) and I hope that after many bad luck guys, she just might of found a good one. I realize that nobody will be perfect enough in my eyes and will have some faults, but after the douche bags that she's found before, I've narrowed it to wanting someone who will respect her and care about where their future is going. She seems happy too and that's important also, of course.

There was one thing that he has in common with the others that I don't mind but my daughter does. She came up to me one day and said that she was mad at him and I said, "Oh no, what's wrong?" She rolled her eyes and said, "Every boy that I've gone out with brags to their friends that I have a hot mom!"

Like I said, I guess it's ok to have SOME faults.

11 comments:

The Four Week Vegan said...

Just remind her she has your genes and when she is your age and her kids are dating - she will be a hot mom too! It is really a good thing :)

Jody said...

So sorry for the random commment :) I wanted to say Thank You very much for always leaving such nice comments on my photography blog, I really appreciate it! I am following you as well, and Congrats on the Hallmark card, How cool is that! :)

eight helping hands said...

That's cute! I've never been a hot mom! Never will be. Must be nice! Good luck with the new boyfriend! Hope this one doesn't drive you mad!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Now that's a nice girl!

My son told me the other day that he's glad he doesn't have a hot mom! lol!!!!

Unknown said...

ha! that is way too cute! so glad to know she's found a nice boy and how cool to know he thinks you're hot!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

If they are going to have a fault, that is a good one for them to have! :)

Savvy-Motherhood said...

LOL wow ... to be a "hot" mom... that would be sweet.

Like mother like daughter!

Anonymous said...

You go ,girl!!!! What'd I tell ya. 21 forever baby!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You go ,girl!!!! What'd I tell ya. 21 forever baby!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a hot mom! In my dreams.

I think I may very well have dated 75% of the assholes that walk this planet. But I did wind up with a keeper. They are out there, just kind of hard to find under all the scumbuckets that roam this earth. I hope your daughter finds a keeper as well.

Hyperactive Lu said...

Ha! How funny!