Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, March 23, 2009

The Twilight Zone

Twilight Movie Ok, I admit, at first I was curious when I first started hearing about the Twilight series. Then, I was so tired of hearing about this Edward and Bella and really, who the hell are they anyway? I blocked it out of my mind and zipped past anyone's blog post about it. I mean, I was NOT going to get sucked into some ridiculous romance novel. I totally have better things to do.


Then, one day it just hit me. I wanted to find out what the heck this was all about. I don't know why or what made me curious to read the book-heck, I originally thought it was a TV series. So, I asked for it for Christmas and started reading it and reading it and reading it. I couldn't put it down. I finally knew what all the buzz was about. IT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME!!

As you know, I got the second book for my birthday and even though that one was huge, I finished it in a week. Then, I wanted to see the movie, so I anxiously awaited the DVD release date. Tick-tock, tick-tock. Finally, March 21st arrived and I got up early and threw on my sweats and drove to Walmart to get my copy. I was sure that there would be hundreds of Twilight fans crowding to get there hands on one of the five that were put out. I was totally willing to knock a few down to get my copy. Luckily, nobody else was around the DVD rack and I was able to walk right up to it. I saw that there was a two disk and a one disk option so I was faced with the dilemma of which one to get. The two disk was 25 dollars-ouch- but, it had extras and deleted scenes and I just love those. Ok, I decided to splurge because technically, it was a belated birthday present.

I grabbed it and held it close just in case the Twilight crowd had over slept and were around the corner ready to charge. I ran to the checkout and smiled at the lady and laid down my dvd. She looked at the dvd and sighed and I wondered if she was still stuck in the IF I HEAR ONE MORE THING ABOUT TWILIGHT mode. I was once that Twilight virgin myself, so I wanted to tell her how wonderful the books were. But then I felt like an after school special when the teen tries to talk his buddy into trying weed for the first time, "It's ok, come into the Twilight Zone. It feels so good."

She proceeded to scan my movie and the funniest thing happened. The Twilight Gods were looking out for me because it rang up 17.95 and I was all like, "What?"The lady smiled at me and said that was the right price. I could've sworn that I saw Edward's reflection in her eyes. Then she winked and I smiled back and grabbed my bag and receipt and quickly got in my car before I started seeing Bella in the puddles on the ground.

Did I like the movie? Yes, I loved it! The only thing was, I had to wait until last night (Sunday) to watch it because my husband had to work on Saturday and wanted to watch it with me. Yes, it was pure torture to wait, but I did it and we ended up making a Twilight party out of it by inviting my mom over and my daughter came too with her new boyfriend (remind me to catch you up on her).

Now, my next mission is to get some Twilight merchandise- I know, I'm such a groupie. Am I too old to wear a Twilight tshirt?

14 comments:

Kati said...

I had already seen the movie.. but I just HAD to have a real copy!!!

Unknown said...

both my younger girls are twilight fans too... they went to get their copies at midnight and my youngest has a life size cut out of edward in her room that totally freaks out the dogs!!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm in the minority. I hated the movie! Edward was sooooo not what I expected. Actually, other than Alice, none of them were!

I did enjoy the books series thought - except for the last one.

Cinder Rail'lee said...

hahah, I did the same thing! I haven't read the books yet, however I did watch the movie last night and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it!

Terra said...

I have not entered the zone yet, I have all the books downloaded and waiting for me on my Kindle but...I haven't started them yet..maybe next week.

eight helping hands said...

First, Twilight? What's Twilight?
Yes, I know what Twilight is! However, I refuse to read the books, or see the movie.
Why you ask?
Because the book I'm writing is about vampires and I refuse to have my mind clouded.
Mine is cooler I know it is!

Helene said...

I was the same way!!! I kept hearing all the hoopla over the books and I finally gave in and I couldn't believe how much I became obsessed with all things Twilight!!! I've even turned a few friends into Twilight fans!!

I really loved the movie too!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I'll probably be crossing over to the dark side soon... ;)

La Mom-an American Mom in Paris said...

Twilight is starting to catch on here in Paris and your review just motivated me to go out and get a book tomorrow at the American book store! Merci!

Caitlin said...

Nah, I don't think that you're too old! I am going to portland, Oregon in a few weeks (where they filmed a lot of the first movie) to visit family, and I am TOTALLY going to check to see if they are filming there! If they are, I am going- baby in tow! :)

Veronica Lee said...

Everyone seems to be talking about it but I haven't seen the movie.Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love twilight too! I was the same way--had to figure out what all the fuss was about! If you are looking for some shirts--they have great ones at www.twilightapparel.com-plus they custom design too!

Jenni said...

Isn't it greaaaaaat? I am a huge sucker for Edward!

Opus #6 said...

I LOVE Twilight. I resisted for a long time. I read the series around the holidays, just like you. I was riveted.
On another topic, I started a conservative blog roll on my blog. Don't feel alone, hon. There are a lot of folks feeling the same.