Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Words with a blogger Wednesday

I like to start off saying thank you to all who are voting and buying cards-love ya all!
Now, on to Words With A Blogger Wednesday!
This week's blogger is...


Take it away, Helene!

My name is Helene and the name of my blog is "I'm Living Proof That God Has a Sense of Humor" (http://2setsoftwins-helene.blogspot.com/ ). I'm a SAHM of 2 sets of twins, ages 4 and ages 2, hence the name of my blog. We conceived our 1st set of twins on our 3rd IVF cycle and then our 2nd set of twins came along, 18 months later, spontaneously, with no medical intervention (a huge shock!) I spend most of my days hanging out with my kids, learning to see the world through their eyes. I also find that I rely heavily on my sense of humor to get me through each day. I'm probably one of a handful of people whose kids can spill grape juice all over white carpet and find it funny enough to blog about.

When did you start blogging?

I actually started an online journal several years ago at the beginning of our trying to conceive journey. I started the "I'm Living Proof...." blog when I was 22 weeks pregnant with our 2nd set of twins, mainly as a way to keep friends and family up to date on the latest with our family. Then it kind of morphed into what it is now, a daily recording of the good, the bad and the ugly.

Do you make money from your blog?

No, I don't. But I've discovered that I do have a creative side when it comes to writing and I'm really enjoy it. I'm currently working on a book about my experience with infertility but it's a very slow process since the kids keep my busy on most days. So hopefully, one day I'll get that published and go from there. I've also done product reviews and giveaways and even though none of those have earned me extra money, it's nice to be able to try different products for free and then recommend them to others.

How frequently do you post?

Daily, most of the time. Over the weekends, though, sometimes I'll skip a day or two. My kids are always providing me with plenty of entertaining things to blog about.

Do you have a favorite blogger(s) that you just can't live without reading?

I have so many, honestly that it's hard to narrow it down to just one. I really enjoy The Creative Junkie (http://thecreativejunkie.com/). She is hilarious and I find myself laughing out loud (sometimes even snorting) while reading her posts. I also really like 3 Bay B Chicks ( http://3baybchicks.blogspot.com/). The blog is written by 3 ladies who have been longtime friends. Not only are they hilarious, but they are so witty with their storytelling. And sometimes they have an "Ask A Dad" segment, which makes me laugh hysterically.

Have your readers influenced you in any way?

Their encouragement and support has influenced me the most. I don't sugar coat things in my posts, esp those posts on motherhood and marriage, and I'll often get comments and e-mails from other mothers and wives who have read my blog, saying they totally understand where I'm coming from and that leaves me feeling very encouraged, just knowing that there are others out there experiencing the same highs and lows. And besides the encouragement and support, I've learned so much from other bloggers, like gardening tips, fun crafts to do with the kids and wonderful recipes to make for my family.

Has blogging changed your life in any way?

If anything, it has really helped me maintain a great sense of humor. Though most of my days with my family are filled with fun, there are days that are very difficult and stressful. I find that blogging is a release of sorts, where I can write all my thoughts and feelings down and where I can turn a negative or stressful situation into a funny, light-hearted situation.

What do you do when you get writer's block?

The funny thing is that I don't often get writer's block. I keep a pad of paper and a pen near me at all times (and my camera too) because I just know, inevitably, my kids or husband will do or say something that will be worth writing about. Or sometimes I'll just sit at the computer and a thought will pop into my head and next thing I know, everything's pouring out into a blog post. I write exactly the way I talk out loud so it's very easy for me to just jot all my thoughts down.

Any other advice you might have for newbie bloggers?

Just have fun with it!! If your blog begins to feel like work or a competition with other bloggers, than it's not worth the stress it's causing for you. Blogging should be fun and enjoyable...and a great way to meet other people in the blogging community. Get yourself out there and network with other bloggers...you'll be amazed at how many wonderful people you'll meet!

14 comments:

eight helping hands said...

I know her! She's one of my three favorite blogs! Go Helene! Woo Hoo! I do love her sense of humor, and her thoughts on being a mother crack me up!
One of the people that I am glad to have found through the world of blogging! Love ya' Helene!

Helene said...

Thanks for the interview Tess...it was fun!!

Karen M. Peterson said...

What a great post. Helene is one of my favorite bloggers and it was fun to read her interview!

Thank you!

Kimberly@PrettyPinkMomma said...

I will definitely have to check her out!

Anonymous said...

Hi Helene!! ((waving))

I love her blog! She's got a great sense of humor that shines through her writing.

Creative Junkie said...

UGH - I think I deleted my comment?

Anyway ... I was saying how much I love Helene and her blog - she always cracks me up with her writing.

Fearless Mom said...

She's a must-read for me too.

Jody Cooper Photography said...

First of all I love her site! :) we follow one another, because she is soooo funny! :)
Also, I wanted to thank you very much for the awesome comments you leave on my photography blog, muchas gracias :)

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

Yay! I love Helene! She's one of the best bloggers & nicest human beings around. :)

Savvy-Motherhood said...

very cool!! I did Helene's blog too. I think that this is a great idea to do Tess. Brilliant! ((thumbs up))

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great interview! I love Helene's blog!

Anonymous said...

Her blog is pure fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Great interview! Love Love Love Helene.

AudreyO said...

What a great interview. I love blogging. I love reading other blogs. I just skip right over the ones that have topics that I'm not interested in. I'm now following your blog :)