Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Changing the way you think about your detergent

I dont know about you, but I'm picky about what detergent I use. I believe that certain detergents (mainly cheaper ones) can make your clothes fade. I'm also big on how a detergent makes your clothes smell too. I love detergents that make your clothes smell fresh.

I don't have just one kind of detergent I use as well. I like to experiment with different brands. Especially if I've found special discounts for detergent. I love coupons! Lately, I've been wondering if I should change the type of detergent I use.

There are three different types of detergent- powder, liquid, and now pods. Choosing which one is right for your needs might be easier than you think. Powder, pods, and liquid detergents all have pros and cons, and since they have similar cleaning power, people usually choose which type to use based on personal preference.

Let me break down the pros and cons of each…

Powders

People may find that powders might be the best route to go when money is tight. Finding out the pros and cons helps in deciding if this is a wise decision.

Pro: They're generally cheaper.

Pro: The cardboard packaging is more eco-friendly.

Con: Some people think they don't dissolve as well in water. This may have been a problem with some of the first powdered detergents, but these days, most powders are designed to readily dissolve in water.

Con: Sodium sulphate can wreak havoc on septic systems.

Con: Powders contain more chemicals compared with liquids, due to the filler.

Liquids

Some people feel that liquid is the best route for their own reasons. Liquid definitely has its benefits.

Pro: The detergent is already pre-dissolved.

Pro: You can pre-treat stains by pouring it directly onto clothes.

Con: They're usually more expensive than powdered detergent.

Con: They have plastic packaging, which is less eco-friendly.


Pods

Pods are a fairly new way to conveniently clean your clothes.

Pro: More convient

Pro: Easy to use.

Pro: Less mess and less room to store.

Con: Very expensive compared to others.

Con: Limited to amount used-can’t break up amount for small load.

What do you use to wash your clothes. Liquid? Powder? Pods? Inquiring minds want to know!

1 comments:

Natural Home Maker said...

Newest follower from MBC group.

I am super picky about what I use in my home and in my body.

I choose to use natural cleaners only. Forget the smell the cost or the convenience. What about your health?

So for me only the best will do. Visit my website if you care more about your health.

www.chartreuseproducts.com/marshajaramillo.html