Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Say "Cheese" for Cheesecake!

I love cheesecake.
Cheesecake is my weakness. I'm not biased to any flavors, but if it has chocolate in it, I might pick it over a strawberry cheesecake. I think I found my love of cheesecake when I was little and my mom would make it often for dessert.
With summer approaching, cheesecake would make a great summer dessert, or a yummy snack!
I especially love the no-bake recipe. In fact, I would love to share this recipe with you!

NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE

30 graham crackers
2 tbsp. sugar
3/4 stick butter, melted
1 3 oz pkg. lemon Jell-O
1 cup boiling water
1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
juice of 1 lemon
1 large can evaporated milk (chilled)

Combine graham crackers and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan, saving half of the crumbs for the top. Dissolve Jell-O in hot water and cool.
Beat together sugar, cream cheese, vanilla and lemon juice for 1 minute on medium speed.

Using clean beaters and bowl, whip evaporated milk and slowly add Jell-O and cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours. Sprinkle crumbs on top.

Fruit may be added for variety (blueberries, peaches, sliced strawberries, etc). Stir in just before pouring into pan.

Makes about 12 servings.

So easy, you can't go wrong!
All this talk about cheesecake is making me hungry-for cheesecake!

0 comments: